Install Official Rom Without Unlock The Bootloader

germanito

Members
Nov 24, 2016
Hello! I have just received my redmi pro. It has a custom ROM, but i want to install the official ROM without unlock the bootloader. How can i do it?

Thanks!

I used this tutorial- works on every phone ,just make shure to download right rom

Изпратено от моят Nexus 7 с помощта на Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
It worked! thanks!!

Reactions: lukather
How do you know you have downloaded the correct ROM? the Turorial is for Note 3
When will it ask you to down load the Redmi PRO ROM
where can we down load it from

Is the fast boat part needed to compete the installation

Last edited:
Hi there,
I also have received my Redmi Pro with a "Fake/Vendor rom". I had made a request for unlocking the bootloader but after 2 days of waiting, still no approval.

I found out that my device was already unlocked. I managed to flash the xiaomi.eu rom on my phone without approval from xiaomi.

Warning: This may or may not be risky. So whatever happens to your phone, I'm not responsible for it.

What I did was flashing the Latest Official Chinese Developer Fastboot Rom. The Fastboot rom! Not the Stable. I just flashed it the official way with XiaomiMiFlash. Rom and flash guide can be found here: http://en.miui.com/a-234.html.

After that on my phone I went to SETTINGS>ABOUT DEVICE and clicked several times on MIUI VERSION until there was a message that said I am developer now. Now go to SETTINGS>ADDITIONAL SETTINGS>DEVELOPER OPTIONS. In here I clicked on MI UNLOCK STATUS. It said that my phone was UNLOCKED! So I just flashed TWRP and the Xiaomi.eu rom the normal way and it all worked!

Since I'm new to Xiaomi phones, I don't know what the consequences will be for me (in the future) because I didn't unlock my bootloader with my own Mi account...

I had a similar situation (fake/vendor rom in a Redmi Pro from Banggood).
I flashed the official stable 8.1.2.0 rom via fastboot. It turned out that MIUI 8.1 has a new feature. In the developer options section of the settings you can check if the bootloader is locked or not. Mine was already unlocked so i just flashed TWRP in fastboot and from there MIUI.eu rom.