Install TWRP MI 11 ultra

Siscodu29

Members
May 10, 2021
Bonjour,
J'ai un problème pour installer le TWRP sur mon MI 11 ultra, j'ai beau suivre le tutoriel, je reste bloqué sur erreur : ne peut pas ouvrir twrp.img (voir image jointe).
Le téléphone est déverrouillé, déboguage usb, reconnu en mode adb et fastboot....j'avoue ne rien comprendre. Pour info c'est la première fois pour moi que j'entre dans les "entrailles" d'un téléphone.
Peut-vous m'aider avec des mots simples que je peux l'installer afin d'obtenir les mises à jour OTA (je n'ai que le TWRP à installer, pas de ROM à flasher).
Merci pour votre aide, j'avoue être au bout de mes recherches.....HELP !!!!

Attachments

• jApVp.png
    jApVp.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 205
Hello,
I have a problem installing TWRP on my MI 11 ultra, although I follow the tutorial, I get stuck on error: cannot open twrp.img (see attached image).
The phone is unlocked, usb debugging, recognized in adb and fastboot mode .... I admit I don't understand anything. FYI this is the first time for me that I enter the "bowels" of a phone.
Can you help me with simple words that I can install it in order to get the OTA updates (I only have TWRP to install, no ROM to flash).
Thank you for your help, I admit to being at the end of my research ..... HELP !!!!

Ehh not sure which tutorial you followed but don't flash the image just boot it.

Of course, you need to either rename the TWRP image you downloaded or use the name of it.

I would like to find a tutorial "for dummies" which explains step by step how to install the TWRP.

If you want to install this ROM, then :

1) download the ROM you want to install
2) download the recovery img for your device
3) boot your phone into fastboot mode ( hold volume down+ power button on boot )
4) connect your device to your PC
5) open cmd as Administrator in Windoze ( or use sudo/su on Linux )
and cd to the folder you have fastboot.exe, adb.exe
6) verify the device is recognized: fastboot.exe devices
7) boot the recovery you just downloaded: fastboot.exe boot the_name_of_the_recovery.img
8) in TWRP *format* your data
9) from PC: adb.exe push the_name_of_the_ROM_file /data
10) in TWRP -> Install -> select the ROM you just uploaded

done.

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
If you want to install this ROM, then :

1) download the ROM you want to install
2) download the recovery img for your device
3) boot your phone into fastboot mode ( hold volume down+ power button on boot )
4) connect your device to your PC
5) open cmd as Administrator in Windoze ( or use sudo/su on Linux )
and cd to the folder you have fastboot.exe, adb.exe
6) verify the device is recognized: fastboot.exe devices
7) boot the recovery you just downloaded: fastboot.exe boot the_name_of_the_recovery.img
8) in TWRP *format* your data
9) from PC: adb.exe push the_name_of_the_ROM_file /data
10) in TWRP -> Install -> select the ROM you just uploaded

done.

Ofc put the ROM and the recovery fine in the same folder you have fastboot/adb

Last edited:
First of all, make sure the twrp you downloaded is the right one for your phone. Make sure you can read file extensions in windows because that ".img" must be the file extension not in the name. You don't need to flash the recovery but just boot it. Use this command "fastboot boot twrp.img". Phone should boot automatically in twrp. Oh one more thing, obviously you have to open your cmd as administrator into your adb directory and have the twrp image in the same directory

Sorry, I put in adb.exe and fastboot.exe the TWRP adapted to my phone but nothing happens I have "no such file or directory"

Sorry, I put in adb.exe and fastboot.exe the TWRP adapted to my phone but nothing happens I have "no such file or directory"
Type "dir" command in PowerShell to display files/folders of your current location. :)

If you see the "twrp ... .img" file, type: fastboot boot twrp then use the TAB key to auto-complete the filename of your TWRP (before using "Enter" key). ;)

Last edited:
Tapez la commande "dir" dans PowerShell pour afficher les fichiers/dossiers actuels dans votre emplacement actuel. :)

Si vous voyez le fichier "twrp ... .img", tapez : fastboot boot twrp puis utilisez la touche TAB pour auto-compléter le nom de fichier de votre TWRP (avant d'utiliser la touche "Entrée"). ;)
[/CITATION]

No TWRP file......img when I type the "dir" command in powershell

@Poney70, I believe at some point I'll create a live Linux image with all tools installed and some simple scripts ;)

Burn to USB, boot, then run the script(s) you need, and done you are ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Poney70
is this normal? I think I did something wrong. please help

Attachments

• 198364681_955995615134330_5055783005324593517_n.jpg
    198364681_955995615134330_5055783005324593517_n.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 186
I wanted to upload xiaomi.eu via TWRP but something went wrong. from TWRP position I cannot wipe my memory

Sorry mate but you kind of made my day...

Don't you have any basic knowledge about computer and filesystems?

Create a folder on c:

Avoid spaces in the name
Copy the twrp image and the Fastboot.exe into that folder
Alternatively use the adb folder from the latest Fastboot Rom zip.

Open an administrative shell (cmd) in this very folder.

Then start typing the commands (fastboot.exe boot twrp.img

It's not to hard, you can make it!

Regards

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

• Love