Install Xiaomi.eu On Mi Note 2

strumbol

Members
Jan 16, 2016
Hi,
I bought a few days ago a Mi Note 2 that came with a fake ROM and the bootloader locked. The question is, can I install a Xiaomi.eu in EDL mode with Mi Flash?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

Hi,
I bought a few days ago a Mi Note 2 that came with a fake ROM and the bootloader locked. The question is, can I install a Xiaomi.eu in EDL mode with Mi Flash?

You should better apply for bootloader unlocking (now doesn't require more than a few hours of waiting) and then flash the Xiaomi.EU ROM.

You should better apply for bootloader unlocking (now doesn't require more than a few hours of waiting) and then flash the Xiaomi.EU ROM.
The problem is that if I unlock the bootloader, can I pay with the smartphone or will it be considered unsafe?

If you are referring to the NFC payments then the only thing that will prevent you from using it is the rooting process, and you an avoid that one.

(and to be accurate this is not always true since you can prevent sensible apps to detect rooting or you can even temporary unroot your device if needed and then use such applications)

If you are referring to the NFC payments then the only thing that will prevent you from using it is the rooting process, and you an avoid that one.

(and to be accurate this is not always true since you can prevent sensible apps to detect rooting or you can even temporary unroot your device if needed and then use such applications)
Ok, thank you for the info!
I will try to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP. Let's see if I'm lucky!