Tutorial Installing Magisk and Play Integrity Fix

Thanks for the advice. But we would like to know if magisk 26.4 is required or magisk delta can do the trick as well.
If it works fine, you can use it as well.
Regarding the OP instruction, does it mean I need to remove the TWRP from the system or leave it there and then follow the rest of steps?
No, you can keep TWRP. I've removed TWRP flashing part because officially it's deprecated: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#custom-recovery.
By the way, the Play integrity fix v13 module may affect some gaming app, like pikamin bloom (It will stuck on the loading page), so I am wondering if I can also add the unsf mod version (Universal Safety Net v 2.4.0-mod 2.0) on the rebuild stable rom.
Check and let us know.

Reactions: Gralfitox
Hi!Thank you for this tutorial , it worked for me on Poco F5. Just got a problem with my bank app which keeps detecting the root.. My bank app is from Raiffeisen Bank. Tried to hide magisk too and add to deny list and still doesn't work.Can someone help me please?
Edit to add: I think I fixed this my adding to deny list to : Private Compute Services .
Thank you once again!

Last edited:
I try use my Commerzank App their still show root detect, and yet my Wallet ist working with PayPal, but cant add My Visa Card to wallet from IngDiba,
2, My AXA insurance is passed working,
3. Deutschland Card Ok
4. Barmer Healt Insurnace detect ROOT
5. Sparkasse Mobile and s-Push OK
6. Indiba Banking OK
7. Coinbase OK
8. McDonalds OK
9, My Allianz OK

the rest 3 left
- Commerzbank
- Barmber Insurance
- Visa to add my Wallet

Magisk 26,4
PIF 13v
shamiko
LPosed
systemhost
youtube ReVanced

Reactions: wolden and Jaffi
If it works fine, you can use it as well.

No, you can keep TWRP. I've removed TWRP flashing part because officially it's deprecated: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#custom-recovery.

Check and let us know.
Thanks, I know the TWRP method is kinda old (and deprecated :)) and I will keep the TWRP.
The reason that I mentioned the PIF module affect some gaming apps (Pikamin Bloom) logging in, is because I tried the non-rebuild version this morning.
It is kinda stuck on the login page (I can provide a video to prove it), but if I put PIF and UNSF modules together, it somehow works but lose the device integrity...

I will try the same on the rebuild version and see how it goes.
If the problem persists, do I need to provide any kinds of logs for that?

Followed the tutorial. Safety net passes. Banking apps work except google wallet. Tried clearing data of google play, play services and wallet but it's still "Doesen't meet security requirements"
Phone: Mi 10t lite

As you are aware, new Stable releases (including rebuilds that are currently in the works) do not include our fix for passing SafetyNet/Play Integrity checks. There's the guide how to flash Magisk and relevant fix on these ROMs.

NOTE: You have to repeat the process (at least installing Magisk) after EVERY ROM UPDATE!

1. Flash the newest available Stable build for your device (released on or after 18 November).
2. Prepare relevant files: Magisk (download APK), Play Integrity Fix and relevant file from the ROM package.
- If ROM package contains init_boot.img, then unpack it (and ONLY it).
- If it doesn't, unpack boot.img (and ONLY it).

Move them to device storage.

3. Install Magisk APK on device. After install run it and choose "Install" near Magisk name. Choose "Select and Patch a File", then find a relevant IMG file (boot.img or init_boot.img) you've moved to storage before. Then "Let's go".
View attachment 49527View attachment 49525
Move generated image to the PC. Run device in Fastboot mode. If you've unpacked ROM on PC, you can use it to flash an image (if not, use platform-tools); go to the ROM directory > bin > your host OS dir. Paste image there (the best solution present on the screenshot), then right-click > run Terminal.
View attachment 49528
Connect device to PC if you didn't already. Run following commands (.\ on screenshot is for PowerShell):
Code:
fastboot devices

Depending on your device:
Code:
fastboot flash boot_ab magisk_generated_name.img

OR
Code:
fastboot flash init_boot_ab magisk_generated_name.img

Then
Code:
fastboot reboot

Phone will reboot.
View attachment 49529
4. You should be able to see new Magisk app on Home screen. If it will ask for an install the full APK, then accept the prompt and install it. Magisk may also ask later for additional configuration, like on this screen:
View attachment 49530
Accept it. Device will reboot.
In some cases (like mine), app will say that you have to reinstall Magisk. Do it, choosing "Direct installation" and accept the prompt. Reboot device after installation.
View attachment 49531View attachment 49532View attachment 49533
5. Play Integrity Fix requires enabled Zygisk. Tap the gear button, then select "Zygisk". You can also enable "Enforce DenyList" - it will be useful for hiding apps that are detecting root from Magisk. Reboot device to apply changes.
View attachment 49534View attachment 49535View attachment 49536
6. Now it's time to install Play Integrity Fix. Run Magisk, select "Modules" > "Install from storage" and choose a ZIP with a fix. After successful install, reboot a device.

View attachment 49537View attachment 49538View attachment 49539
7. SafetyNet and Play Integrity should be passing just fine (until next Google fix; then you will have to wait for a fix update).
View attachment 49540View attachment 49541
8. Clear app data: Google Wallet, Google Play Services, Google Play Store and Google Services Framework.
9. Reboot device. You should be able to add cards successfully.
View attachment 49548

If you aren't able to download specific apps from Play Store (e.g. Netflix) after flashing a fix, clear Play Store and Google Play Services data.

HOW TO HIDE SOME APPS FROM MAGISK

In my case, McDonald's or Google Wallet app is working just fine after flashing a fix, without having to hide the app in Magisk. But, in some cases, it may be not enough. How to do it then? We (I hope) activated DenyList while preparing to flash Play Integrity Fix, so let's use it!

1. Go to Magisk > gear icon > Configure DenyList.
2. There will be a list of apps on phone. Choose app that complains about root permissions.
View attachment 49559
3. In most cases it will work, but in some (like Polish ID app, mObywatel) won't. Go back to settings and select "Hide the Magisk app". It will generate the same Magisk app, but with new package name, so it won't be so easily detected by apps. Allow Magisk to install apps, then choose your name and accept. It was enough in my case, app started to work (although it doesn't allow to send a screenshot, so you must trust me in this case) :)
View attachment 49543View attachment 49544

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them!
This module was open source before, idk why he closed his sources.
Google can still reverse it if they want to unfix it, so it's pointless.
I will wait for a fix inside the ROM, the bank apps i use doesn't nag me about root rn.

I´ve relised that your step byy step guide says to enter fastboot flash boot_ab bootimagefilenam.img, but on the screenshots we can see that you entered fastboot flash boot bootimagefilename.img

is there any difference?, would be this the cause of not seeing the magisk screen of fourth step?

I did flash boot_ab

Is it correct ?

Why dont magisk appear after reboot?

My magist does not have zygist option available

Last edited:
Reactions: cisco_phipse
Thanks, I know the TWRP method is kinda old (and deprecated :)) and I will keep the TWRP.
The reason that I mentioned the PIF module affect some gaming apps (Pikamin Bloom) logging in, is because I tried the non-rebuild version this morning.
It is kinda stuck on the login page (I can provide a video to prove it), but if I put PIF and UNSF modules together, it somehow works but lose the device integrity...

I will try the same on the rebuild version and see how it goes.
If the problem persists, do I need to provide any kinds of logs for that?
Hi @Kacper Skrzypek , I just tried your instructions and it really helps me a lot.
I can add my cards on gpay now, but I still need to confirm if I can really use these cards with NFC.
And PIF module and UNSF module can be coexisted with my gaming apps lol...

By the way, if we need the weekly version, can i dirty flash from stable to weekly rom?

Where is the fix for manual flashing? Here is the tutorial but no file to flash I can't understand why if it is from the MIUI.eu forum. I need a link for the PlayIntegrity Fix.

Where is the fix for manual flashing? Here is the tutorial but no file to flash I can't understand why if it is from the MIUI.eu forum. I need a link for the PlayIntegrity Fix.

I think it is on first post

Reactions: TheGame1594

I think it is on first post
Found it on the XDA forum it was linked in another thread here in the forum. I think my wallet works again but I have to try it tomorrow. Integrity passed on the tests

unzip ROM > images > init_boot.img
hi im using umi. there is no init_boot.img file. is this the same file? in the screenshot?

Attachments

• 1700400279144.png
    1700400279144.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 159
hi im using umi. there is no init_boot.img file. is this the same file? in the screenshot?
If ROM package contains init_boot.img, then unpack it (and ONLY it).

your windows setup is hiding archive extensions, wich you can solve going to your file explorer and under view, check/un check hide file extensions

Reactions: katerpanne
I've followed the tutorial, I can add my card to google wallet, everything looks fine, but at the paiment process, my phone does not show anything nor make noise as It did before and in the payment terminal it shows "paiment refuse" which means payment was denied.

why i cant flash it? i followed the instruction

Attachments

• 1700402681812.png
    1700402681812.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 1700402738462.png
    1700402738462.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 189
As you are aware, new Stable releases (including rebuilds that are currently in the works) do not include our fix for passing SafetyNet/Play Integrity checks. There's the guide how to flash Magisk and relevant fix on these ROMs.

NOTE: You have to repeat the process (at least installing Magisk) after EVERY ROM UPDATE!

1. Flash the newest available Stable build for your device (released on or after 18 November).
2. Prepare relevant files: Magisk (download APK), Play Integrity Fix and relevant file from the ROM package.
- If ROM package contains init_boot.img, then unpack it (and ONLY it).

Move them to device storage.

3. Install Magisk APK on device. After install run it and choose "Install" near Magisk name. Choose "Select and Patch a File", then find a relevant IMG file (boot.img or init_boot.img) you've moved to storage before. Then "Let's go".
View attachment 49527View attachment 49525
Move generated image to the PC. Run device in Fastboot mode. If you've unpacked ROM on PC, you can use it to flash an image (if not, use platform-tools); go to the ROM directory > bin > your host OS dir. Paste image there (the best solution present on the screenshot), then right-click > run Terminal.
View attachment 49528
Connect device to PC if you didn't already. Run following commands (.\ on screenshot is for PowerShell):
Code:
fastboot devices

Depending on your device:
Code:
fastboot flash boot_ab magisk_generated_name.img

OR
Code:
fastboot flash init_boot_ab magisk_generated_name.img

Then
Code:
fastboot reboot

Phone will reboot.
View attachment 49529
4. You should be able to see new Magisk app on Home screen. If it will ask for an install the full APK, then accept the prompt and install it. Magisk may also ask later for additional configuration, like on this screen:
View attachment 49530
Accept it. Device will reboot.
In some cases (like mine), app will say that you have to reinstall Magisk. Do it, choosing "Direct installation" and accept the prompt. Reboot device after installation.
View attachment 49531View attachment 49532View attachment 49533
5. Play Integrity Fix requires enabled Zygisk. Tap the gear button, then select "Zygisk". You can also enable "Enforce DenyList" - it will be useful for hiding apps that are detecting root from Magisk. Reboot device to apply changes.
View attachment 49534View attachment 49535View attachment 49536
6. Now it's time to install Play Integrity Fix. Run Magisk, select "Modules" > "Install from storage" and choose a ZIP with a fix. After successful install, reboot a device.

View attachment 49537View attachment 49538View attachment 49539
7. SafetyNet and Play Integrity should be passing just fine (until next Google fix; then you will have to wait for a fix update).
View attachment 49540View attachment 49541
8. Clear app data: Google Wallet, Google Play Services, Google Play Store and Google Services Framework.
9. Reboot device. You should be able to add cards successfully.
View attachment 49548

If you aren't able to download specific apps from Play Store (e.g. Netflix) after flashing a fix, clear Play Store and Google Play Services data.

HOW TO HIDE SOME APPS FROM MAGISK

In my case, McDonald's or Google Wallet app is working just fine after flashing a fix, without having to hide the app in Magisk. But, in some cases, it may be not enough. How to do it then? We (I hope) activated DenyList while preparing to flash Play Integrity Fix, so let's use it!

1. Go to Magisk > gear icon > Configure DenyList.
2. There will be a list of apps on phone. Choose app that complains about root permissions.
View attachment 49559
3. In most cases it will work, but in some (like Polish ID app, mObywatel) won't. Go back to settings and select "Hide the Magisk app". It will generate the same Magisk app, but with new package name, so it won't be so easily detected by apps. Allow Magisk to install apps, then choose your name and accept. It was enough in my case, app started to work (although it doesn't allow to send a screenshot, so you must trust me in this case) :)
View attachment 49543View attachment 49544

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them!
Hello, just want to ask if euroms are kernelsu compatible?
Thanks!