Tutorial Installing Magisk and Play Integrity Fix

You haven't installed magisk in the first place. You have to download an actual version and flash it via recovery to have it. If you have problems flash orangefox for your device. In orangefox you can flash magisk directly it is included in orangefox. Your device is momentarily not rooted. I love magisk but why they won't offer an actual version to flash via twrp I do not understand. You have to provide a boot.img to root the device with the official magisk version instead it would be more easy to provide a flashable zip that extracts the actual boot.img patches it and flash it afterwards like orangefox do.
Hi, first of all thx.
I did install magisk after flashing boot.img to the phone and have the same behaviour, nothing happens

Congratulations, you're all set! Now just wait a bit and Google wallet will sort itself out. Or you may want to clear data of gms, gsf, google play and google wallet if you don't want to wait.
After doing the same clear data and reboot it worked finally. Thank you so much for the help!

Reactions: ekzeshka
Hi, first of all thx.
I did install magisk after flashing boot.img to the phone and have the same behaviour, nothing happens
Hi, solved, I hadn´t read the log and didn´t realize that the boot.img fixed by magisk was stored in the storage downloads folder so I was flashing the same boot.img file again and again.
My fault, I am sorry

@Igor Eisberg Sorry to bother you, I just want to clarify, you pointed out in the other thread tra latest stable are updated with recent sources and such, do you consider it's now safe to flash from September Dev Rom to stable w/o need to format data?

It would help a lot of users if that's now officially "supported".

I wouldn't mind normally as I can recover almost everything but due to a stupid mistake I lost my seed phrase to my ***** wallet and moving all my assets is a pain in the ***

I know, that is my problem and not of your concern, I only need more time to be better prepared but I also need my banking stuff working.

Could I reflash the dev Rom on top in case of bootloop?

Also, did anyone update from dev to stable yet on Mi 11?

Regards.

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

Thanks for for a concise yet sufficiently detailed write up on the procedure. It might be usefull to extend the commands for flashing patched boot image for `fastboot flash boot magisk_generated_name.img` as some older partition layouts do not use "a" and "b" bootloaders. (Such as Mi 10 Pro.)

Thanks for for a concise yet sufficiently detailed write up on the procedure. It might be usefull to extend the commands for flashing patched boot image for `fastboot flash boot magisk_generated_name.img` as some older partition layouts do not use "a" and "b" bootloaders. (Such as Mi 10 Pro.)
Good note, added.

Reactions: gbsdias
@Igor Eisberg Sorry to bother you, I just want to clarify, you pointed out in the other thread tra latest stable are updated with recent sources and such, do you consider it's now safe to flash from September Dev Rom to stable w/o need to format data?

It would help a lot of users if that's now officially "supported".

I wouldn't mind normally as I can recover almost everything but due to a stupid mistake I lost my seed phrase to my ***** wallet and moving all my assets is a pain in the ***

I know, that is my problem and not of your concern, I only need more time to be better prepared but I also need my banking stuff working.

Could I reflash the dev Rom on top in case of bootloop?

Also, did anyone update from dev to stable yet on Mi 11?

Regards.

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.
Why don't you just try it yourself and then report to others? Take backups so you can roll back if it fails.

Thanks for the guide it have worked for few hours, but once again it stopped working for me. May have to wait for another update of integrity fix.

So if i add google play services to deny list after reboot it removes itself. I think it's the reason that Google wallet is not working for me. How can I fix this. Or is this normal?View attachment 49631View attachment 49632
Open post-fs-data.sh that belongs to PIF module and you will see that it intentionally removes com.google.andtoid.gms.unstable from DenyList

And that's not a cause for anything (what you claimed).
To the contrary, it has to do so since PIF needs to hook to GMS to be able to spoof, instead of the Magisk built-in DenyList

You can read more about in the XDA support thread and/or developer's GitHub page, links should be accessible from the module

Reactions: Birraque
If you've unpacked ROM on PC, you can use it to flash an image (if not, use platform-tools); go to the ROM directory > bin > your host OS dir. Paste image there (the best solution present on the screenshot), then right-click > run Terminal.
What exactly i should right click? What terminal?

Right-click anywhere on the folder > Open Terminal (that option is available in Win 11, on older Windows you have to press Ctrl+Shift+RMB)

Reactions: katerpanne
Hello! I look, but I see a little confusion, I can't see things through for now.
I would like to ask why your own fixes were removed from the Stable version? If Google "comes into action again" it would obviously not be good, I understand that.
Does your own fix get stuck with the FIX created in the separate Magisk module? Is that why it was removed instead?
Or what is the reason for the removal?

What happened to the weekly expenses? Is there a change in this, or will the Magisk module also be needed here in the future?

The system is read-only from TWRP.
Therefore, there will never be any FIX patch in this area? (fix = integrity fix)

As you are aware, new Stable releases (including rebuilds that are currently in the works) do not include our fix for passing SafetyNet/Play Integrity checks. There's the guide how to flash Magisk and relevant fix on these ROMs.

NOTE: You have to repeat the process (at least installing Magisk) after EVERY ROM UPDATE!

1. Flash the newest available Stable build for your device (released on or after 18 November).
2. Prepare relevant files: Magisk (download APK), Play Integrity Fix and relevant file from the ROM package.
- If ROM package contains init_boot.img, then unpack it (and ONLY it).
- If it doesn't, unpack boot.img (and ONLY it).

Move them to device storage.

3. Install Magisk APK on device. After install run it and choose "Install" near Magisk name. Choose "Select and Patch a File", then find a relevant IMG file (boot.img or init_boot.img) you've moved to storage before. Then "Let's go".
View attachment 49527View attachment 49525
Move generated image to the PC. Run device in Fastboot mode. If you've unpacked ROM on PC, you can use it to flash an image (if not, use platform-tools); go to the ROM directory > bin > your host OS dir. Paste image there (the best solution present on the screenshot), then right-click anywhere on the directory > run Terminal (if option doesn't show, use Ctrl+Shift+RMB - for Windows lower than 11).
View attachment 49528
Connect device to PC if you didn't already. Run following commands (.\ on screenshot is for PowerShell):
Code:
fastboot devices

Depending on your device:
Code:
fastboot flash init_boot_ab magisk_generated_name.img

OR

Code:
fastboot flash boot_ab magisk_generated_name.img

OR (on older devices)
Code:
fastboot flash boot magisk_generated_name.img

Then
Code:
fastboot reboot

Phone will reboot.
View attachment 49529
4. You should be able to see new Magisk app on Home screen. If it will ask for an install the full APK, then accept the prompt and install it. Magisk may also ask later for additional configuration, like on this screen:
View attachment 49530
Accept it. Device will reboot.
In some cases (like mine), app will say that you have to reinstall Magisk. Do it, choosing "Direct installation" and accept the prompt. Reboot device after installation.
View attachment 49531View attachment 49532View attachment 49533
5. Play Integrity Fix requires enabled Zygisk. Tap the gear button, then select "Zygisk". You can also enable "Enforce DenyList" - it will be useful for hiding apps that are detecting root from Magisk. Reboot device to apply changes.
View attachment 49534View attachment 49535View attachment 49536
6. Now it's time to install Play Integrity Fix. Run Magisk, select "Modules" > "Install from storage" and choose a ZIP with a fix. After successful install, reboot a device.

View attachment 49537View attachment 49538View attachment 49539
7. SafetyNet and Play Integrity should be passing just fine (until next Google fix; then you will have to wait for a fix update).
View attachment 49540View attachment 49541
8. Clear app data: Google Wallet, Google Play Services, Google Play Store and Google Services Framework.
9. Reboot device. You should be able to add cards successfully.
View attachment 49548

If you aren't able to download specific apps from Play Store (e.g. Netflix) after flashing a fix, clear Play Store and Google Play Services data.

HOW TO HIDE SOME APPS FROM MAGISK

In my case, McDonald's or Google Wallet app is working just fine after flashing a fix, without having to hide the app in Magisk. But, in some cases, it may be not enough. How to do it then? We (I hope) activated DenyList while preparing to flash Play Integrity Fix, so let's use it!

1. Go to Magisk > gear icon > Configure DenyList.
2. There will be a list of apps on phone. Choose app that complains about root permissions.
View attachment 49559
3. In most cases it will work, but in some (like Polish ID app, mObywatel) won't. Go back to settings and select "Hide the Magisk app". It will generate the same Magisk app, but with new package name, so it won't be so easily detected by apps. Allow Magisk to install apps, then choose your name and accept. It was enough in my case, app started to work (although it doesn't allow to send a screenshot, so you must trust me in this case) :)
View attachment 49543View attachment 49544

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them!
Hello, I have a POCO X3 PRO with the latest stable version with miui 14 of xiaomieu and I have followed step by step all and it does not work. I will add an screenshot. Maybe it does not work? Can you help me please?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-19-23-02-34-066_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-19-23-02-34-066_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 93
3. In most cases it will work, but in some (like Polish ID app, mObywatel) won't. Go back to settings and select "Hide the Magisk app". It will generate the same Magisk app, but with new package name, so it won't be so easily detected by apps. Allow Magisk to install apps, then choose your name and accept. It was enough in my case, app started to work
I added my banking app ( YOU BRD ) to the deny list and even selected "Hide the Magisk app" and the app still says that the phone is rooted, what can i do in this case? I cleared the app's data but no success..

- Xiaomi EU v14.0.23.4.17
- Poco F3
- Magisk 26.4 successfully installed, root works
- PlayintegrityFix 13 as modul successfully installed, everything failed

Any ideas why?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-19-23-09-39-674_com.henrikherzig.playintegritychecker-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-19-23-09-39-674_com.henrikherzig.playintegritychecker-edit.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_2023-11-19-23-09-20-331_com.henrikherzig.playintegritychecker-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-19-23-09-20-331_com.henrikherzig.playintegritychecker-edit.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 104
- Poco F3

Any ideas why?

Thanks
Habe you set that deny list and zygisk enable?

clear data of Google Play Google Service Google Wallet ?

- Poco F3

Any ideas why?

Thanks
You need to update to the latest stable ROM where the non-working Google Pay fix is removed. Otherwise Play Integrity Fix won't work.

You need to update to the latest stable ROM where the non-working Google Pay fix is removed. Otherwise Play Integrity Fix won't work.
Oh.... So I need to left the beta Rom? That means to wipe all data. Right?
New beta doesn't exist for my device.

Oh.... So I need to left the beta Rom? That means to wipe all data. Right?
New beta doesn't exist for my device.
The official answer is:
"Remember:
If you are going from MIUI 14 (or later) Weekly ROM to MIUI 14 Stable ROM, you are doing a downgrade, so format data is mandatory!"

I added my banking app ( YOU BRD ) to the deny list and even selected "Hide the Magisk app" and the app still says that the phone is rooted, what can i do in this case? I cleared the app's data but no success..
Found a fix for this, just go in Magisk deny list and select the app that u want to hide ( in my case "YOU BRD") and just check all the boxes that appear under the app when u select it. Then clear the data of the app and u're good to go.
Add this to the tutorial if more apps react to the root like mine did:)

Last edited:
Banking apps have their own more sophisticated way of checking for root. If just hiding it in denylist didn't help, you may try shamiko, magisk-alpha (note, it's not oss), or kernelsu if your device has a kernel that supports it. If you're on marble for example you can flash melt kernel with ksu inbuilt. It may or may not help you hide your access from the banking app.