Installing MIUI 12.5 in Davinci (Noob Doubts)

ChicoRafa

Members
Nov 3, 2021
Hello to the whole community and thanks for such an amazing work; I'm completely new to this forum and to custom ROMS in general, so I would like to make some simple questions, sorry if they may be futile.

To start with, my phone is a RedmiK20/Mi 9T (Davinci), is a global version from Spain, currently running MIUI Global 12.1.1 Stable and I would like to have 12.5 from eu, since the phone is not going to recieve it officially. My questions are the following:

1.I've unlocked the bootloader, I have to delete everything to install the ROM?
2.Is there any problem with banking accounts? (I've read that if I lock again the bootloader again once the ROM is installed there is no problem, but I need confirmation)
3.Is there any 12.5 Enhanced Edition Stable for this device?

Thanks for reading, I'm looking forward to see your answers:emoji_nerd:

1, yes you have to format data in twrp
2, if there are problem with banking apps, there are plenty fixes available on the forum and on the internet. And locking your bootloader while using a custom rom will brick your device.
3,xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK20MI9T_V12.5.1.0.RFJCNXM_v12-11.zip
Sorry to highjack this thread, i am having issues with banking app since i updated my note 9 pro 5g to 12.5.4 stable. I don't have root and have deleted the twrp folder but no dice. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1, yes you have to format data in twrp
2, if there are problem with banking apps, there are plenty fixes available on the forum and on the internet. And locking your bootloader while using a custom rom will brick your device.
3,xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK20MI9T_V12.5.1.0.RFJCNXM_v12-11.zip
Thanks for taking the time to answer me, lastly, another silly doubt. Do I receive updates with the eu ROM or I have to flash my device everytime a new update comes out?

Thanks for taking the time to answer me, lastly, another silly doubt. Do I receive updates with the eu ROM or I have to flash my device everytime a new update comes out?
Every update is flashing the device even official updates.
You don't have to clean flash you device if that's what you mean.
Simply download the updates from the updater app and your device reboots to twrp and installs the update.
Much like doing OTA updates

Every update is flashing the device even official updates.
You don't have to clean flash you device if that's what you mean.
Simply download the updates from the updater app and your device reboots to twrp and installs the update.
Much like doing OTA updates
I do unsderstand now, thank you!!

Reactions: geoorg
Sorry to highjack this thread, i am having issues with banking app since i updated my note 9 pro 5g to 12.5.4 stable. I don't have root and have deleted the twrp folder but no dice. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
You can check if your device passes safetynet
You can search for and read up on banking apps on the forum

Reactions: ChicoRafa
Sorry for bringing this up again, but I encountered some problems.
I was going to install TWRP and when I puggled in the cable to the pc the phone didn't recognize it, it just charges. I've already activated data transfer in developers options, but nothing has changed. The phone is unlocked.
I've also tried using *#872564# code but it says that there is a problem with connection or the MMI code isn't correct.

Could someone give me some help?

Sorry for bringing this up again, but I encountered some problems.
I was going to install TWRP and when I puggled in the cable to the pc the phone didn't recognize it, it just charges. I've already activated data transfer in developers options, but nothing has changed. The phone is unlocked.
I've also tried using *#872564# code but it says that there is a problem with connection or the MMI code isn't correct.

Could someone give me some help?
Without root, you only install TWRP when your device is in fastboot mode (by holding " Vol - " and " Power " keys simultaneously) so I don't understand why you speak about "data transfert in developers options" (but, yes, it's an issue...). :)

Without root, you only install TWRP when your device is in fastboot mode (by holding " Vol - " and " Power " keys simultaneously) so I don't understand why you speak about "data transfert in developers options" (but, yes, it's an issue...). :)
I "solved" it, I think it's de charger port.
Now I encountered another problem xd.
TWRP doesn't install(fastboot flash twrp.img), the phone is using Mi recovery instead of TWRP and if I try to boot to TWRP and install it with it the screen goes black(fastboot boot twrp.img).

I "solved" it, I think it's de charger port.
Now I encountered another problem xd.
TWRP doesn't install(fastboot flash twrp.img), the phone is using Mi recovery instead of TWRP and if I try to boot to TWRP and install it with it the screen goes black(fastboot boot twrp.img).
There are so many TWRP versions for davinci...

Use latest Official "TeamWin" TWRP or @geoanto555's TWRP => https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=318221

On Official ROMs, the recovery partition is automatically overridden when your device boots on System.

Use "fastboot flash recovery twrp-filename.img" then simultaneously hold " Vol + " and " Power " keys until you see the TWRP's splash-screen.

;)

Use latest Official "TeamWin" TWRP or @geoanto555's TWRP => https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=318221

On Official ROMs, the recovery partition is automatically overridden when your device boots on System.

Use "fastboot flash recovery twrp-filename.img" then simultaneously hold " Vol + " and " Power " keys until you see the TWRP's splash-screen.

;)
Thanks for the advice, I'll try that method :p

;)
I've solved it with your method, now I'm in TWRP, should I do Wipe==> Format Data or should I just Install and search the zip

I've solved it with your method, now I'm in TWRP, should I do Wipe==> Format Data or should I just Install and search the zip
If you can install ROM (zip file) first then do it. After that, go in "Wipe" menu => "Format Data" button (and type 'yes' to confirm) then reboot. ;)

If you can install ROM (zip file) first then do it. After that, go in "Wipe" menu => "Format Data" button (and type 'yes' to confirm) then reboot. ;)
Sorry for being late, I've tried that method but when I copy the ROM into the internal storage it just goes into an ifinite copy process (I don't know if the phone is crypted, I have it without password; should I extrad the SIM card?)

Sorry for being late, I've tried that method but when I copy the ROM into the internal storage it just goes into an ifinite copy process (I don't know if the phone is crypted, I have it without password; should I extrad the SIM card?)
The phone's encryption has nothing to do with the SIM card. ;)

You can also "Wipe" -> "Format Data" in TWRP first then "Reboot" - > "Recovery" in TWRP. After that, you should have no issue to copy the ROM into the internal storage of your phone, install the ROM and reboot. :)

The phone's encryption has nothing to do with the SIM card. ;)

You can also "Wipe" -> "Format Data" in TWRP first then "Reboot" - > "Recovery" in TWRP. After that, you should have no issue to copy the ROM into the internal storage of your phone, install the ROM and reboot. :)
And if something fails while installing the phone will be factory reset or with no system at all?