Installing miui contacts&dialer and messaging on global rom?

.dot.

Members
Jun 20, 2023
Hi guys,
does anyone have any experience installing miui's contacts & dialer and messaging apps on a global eu rom?
I've tried manually installing both apk's and at first they start up (asking for permissions etc.) but then they crash. I'm guessing there are some lib dependencies or other support libs that need to be installed in order for both to work?
Would I need to root the phone to make them work? (if possible I would like to avoid that)
Thx!

No. Your easiest way to achieve this.
You didn't mention the model of your device, so my answer is not direct.
Your options for using the MIUI dialer, SMS:
- Install xiaomi.eu ROM (if it exists for your model)
- Install Global ROM for Indonesia (if available for your model)

Reactions: Spookie
Sry, phone is xiaomi 12 lite with miui 14 global eu rom (TLIEUXM). I know about both options yes, but I was wondering if its possible to install them manually without rooting and flashing? Interestingly when installing sms messaging the system app updater recognizes the app and offers an update, but it still crashes..

Do you know other way to install it without ROM replace?

I don't understand why you asked a question that has already been answered.
There is no other way. If there was another way, I would have written it earlier. That is perhaps logical.

Do you know if Global ROM for Indonesia can cause some inconvenience or bug, if the Smartphone's hardware is not from Indonesia?

no problem with HW. Indian devices tend to have different HW, not Indonesian devices.

Just for the sake of clarity. Am I right saying that living in Hungary (Europe) I have the only option to use MIUI Dialer and Contact is to install Indonesian ROM on my POCO X3 NFC. At the moment I have EU ROM installed, that I want to replace in order to make Gpay work again flawlessly on my phone. So I have to flash Indonesian Global ROM version then I can close the bootloader again? Should I afraid of any "bricking" issues due to the fact that my device is originally used and purchased in Hungary (Europe)? I do need inbuilt call recording feature, but I don't really want to brick my device. Additionally I can live without Hungarian language, but stick to English at least, since can't speak Indonesian. Is it possible to archive this way? Thanks for any useful information in advance!

Don't spam. I already answered you in another thread.

OK, sorry for that. I just wanted to be 100% sure asking for other's personal experiences as well.

Since I've never done sg like that before - to "re-flash" to stock ROM - I'd like to ask a confirmation before I start the operation.
Living in Europe may I face any issue - especially regarding the banking apps - using the Indonesian stock ROM? Is there any "region-related" thing or limitation that I should consider before replacing EU ROM with an Indonesian stock ROM (including Xiaomi dialer with built-in call-recorder? After that I intend to close the bootloader again, since I can expect flawless GPay (and hopefully banking) operations. Right?