Installing the Xiaomi.eu rom with TWRP, LOLZ kernel and Magisk.

kaniqury

Members
Jul 19, 2020
Hello!
I have a Redmi 8 4/64 with a Global Android 9 MIUI11 11.0.7.0 EEA rom and I would like to switch to xiaomi.eu with TWRP, the LOLZ kernel and Magisk. Could someone a bit more experienced with the device please tell me if those four are compatible with each other? Will I get Xiaomi.eu OTA updates if I install a custom recovery?
I've read through a lot of threads here and on XDA and it seems like there's not a lot of guides detailing how to install custom software on this phone and what there is seems to have conflicting or outdated information. I've installed custom software on an Android phone before but it was always with a help of a detailed guide, I don't think just randomly flashing stuff on my phone is a smart idea.

Could you please tell me what exactly should I do to get this phone running a stable version of the EU rom with TWRP, LULZ kernel and Magisk?

Hello!
I have a Redmi 8 4/64 with a Global Android 9 MIUI11 11.0.7.0 EEA rom and I would like to switch to xiaomi.eu with TWRP, the LOLZ kernel and Magisk. Could someone a bit more experienced with the device please tell me if those four are compatible with each other? Will I get Xiaomi.eu OTA updates if I install a custom recovery?
I've read through a lot of threads here and on XDA and it seems like there's not a lot of guides detailing how to install custom software on this phone and what there is seems to have conflicting or outdated information. I've installed custom software on an Android phone before but it was always with a help of a detailed guide, I don't think just randomly flashing stuff on my phone is a smart idea.

Could you please tell me what exactly should I do to get this phone running a stable version of the EU rom with TWRP, LULZ kernel and Magisk?
Hello
Everithing is simply written here, first page:
Download latest Redmi 8 rom and Follow flashing instruction.
Then install your custom kernel and Magisk.