Installing Xiaomi.eu Rom

Prettygrim

Members
Jan 6, 2016
i reported yesterday that i had been given the go ahead to unlock the bootloader on my mi4c, which i have done. as there were issues with the phone afterwards (intentional?) i used a backup i had so the phone is working as it should. trouble is, it's an older, official rom and i would like to update to a Xiaomi.eu rom to save any likelihood of the phone being locked again
as my phone is now unlocked, rooted and has TWRP, can i just install a rom from here over the top of the official 'miui_MI4c_5.12.31_5d6537a0b8_5.1? if not, what do i need to do?

TIA

i reported yesterday that i had been given the go ahead to unlock the bootloader on my mi4c, which i have done. as there were issues with the phone afterwards (intentional?) i used a backup i had so the phone is working as it should. trouble is, it's an older, official rom and i would like to update to a Xiaomi.eu rom to save any likelihood of the phone being locked again
as my phone is now unlocked, rooted and has TWRP, can i just install a rom from here over the top of the official 'miui_MI4c_5.12.31_5d6537a0b8_5.1? if not, what do i need to do?

TIA
Hello, I'm sorry I did not understand the last part, which ROM you want to install?

dont know if you just replied to my post or if i just got the notification but still, what i was asking was would a rom from this site go over an official Xiaomi rom, not keep asking for updates and work as intended? as i did exactly that and atm all is working fine, the answer is yes. the test will be when Xiaomi put out the next official update and whether my phone will want to download and install it. that would put me back to the position i was in after getting the bootloader unlocked when the phone was, i suspect intentionally, very unstable. i hope this doesn't happen because i want to carry on using roms from here, not the official ones.
in my opinion,Xiaomi did themselves a bigger disservice than their customers. i very much doubt if they will be trusted anymore to not lock their phones up, at any time they feel like it, without giving sufficient warning and, more specifically, without giving customers the choice of having their phones locked or not. this has been made so much worse because of the 'unlocked' being used so much during the initial sale of the phones, certainly the Mi4c, which i have.
i consider myself very lucky at being given the code to unlock my phone again and for that, i thank Xiaomi very much! what i think was so stupid, after letting me unlock the phone again was that, as far as i know, there was no other change. the rom was the same one that Xiaomi had pushed out, ie i had done the all official updates so that 6.1.28 (or was it 6.0.28? forgotten!) was the version installed, and it was terrible! so unstable! couldn't access 'settings', open something on screen and it immediately closed. i was so fortunate to find i had done a complete back up before things went down the pan. the point i am making is what else had been done to the phone during the locking/unlocking processors that screwd the phone so much and was it done deliberately so that when people were given permission to unlock their phones again, the complete instability was a result?