Internal Storage Gone After Re-partitioning

Wilco Vertegaal

Members
Apr 9, 2016
OK, I think I have screwed up ... I re-partitioned to have a bigger system storage partition, and now I lost my internal storage.

I re-partitioned because my system storage was limited to 4GB, and it was filled with just a couple of apps (less than 30 I think). There wasn't even enough room to update to the latest MIUI 7 stable release. I was hardly using the internal storage (I don't keep movies or music, I don't play games) so I thought: let's increase the system storage size.

I followed this guide that I am not allowed to link to ("Mi2S - extending size of storage partition" in this forum) and at the end I had 10GB of system storage - but the internal storage was gone. I tried flashing MIUI 7 from scratch (through TWRP recovery) which went fine but did not solve the issue.

There were a few things that were odd. First of all, my existing partition table had 26 entries, not 27 as shown in the guide. Second, partition #26 was not named "userdata", but "data" instead. Third, when I exited parted, there was a message (that I wish I had written down) that fstab might be needed to update. I skipped it as I thought it was a standard message.

I attached the partition table, the mount output during recovery, and the mount output during normal phone operation.

Any clue, anyone? My personal thought is that the last line in the mount output shows the problem - but I do not have enough knowledge to solve it. Please? Anyone?

Attachments

• mount_normal.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 355
  • mount_recovery.txt
    660 bytes · Views: 392
  • partition_table.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 391
First of all thank you for taking the time to help me!

1. Apply a MIUI fastboot ROM with MiPCSuite. It will apply the latest aproved partition system by Xiaomi and install MIUI7. Then you can leave MIUI7 or install any modern ROM like AOSP 6 or the Cyanogenmod 12.1 RC6.
Unfortunately MiPCSuite will not flash the fastboot ROM. It says "Couldn't flash device".

2. You can do what I explained here:
Unfortunately, in that topic you link to m11kkaa's profile page, not his post or the thread. Could you please fix that? I have no idea where to look.

Thanks!

First of all thank you for taking the time to help me!

Unfortunately MiPCSuite will not flash the fastboot ROM. It says "Couldn't flash device".

Unfortunately, in that topic you link to m11kkaa's profile page, not his post or the thread. Could you please fix that? I have no idea where to look.

Thanks!

1. You need internet connection. I do not remember if the phone needs to be booted in android or in fastboot mode.
2. My mistake. The link to the thread with the repartition tools

http://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-2/orig-development/flashtools-miflash4linux-recovery-qdl-t3036730

Reactions: Wilco Vertegaal
1. You need internet connection. I do not remember if the phone needs to be booted in android or in fastboot mode.

It must be booted in fastboot. I have a working internet connection, so that's not the problem. It just seems that it is not working.

(forum link)

Thank you so much - this seemed to work!! I now have 30GB of unified storage (no separate internal storage) which is just what I wanted. Awesome!