Is anyone else experiencing shorter battery life on 10.4.1.0?

TATA_MATA

Members
Dec 22, 2018
Hi guys,

Is anyone else experiencing shorter battery life on 10.4.1.0? For me its like 1-2 hours shorter Screen on time.

Thanks

I've had that problem since 10.3.1.0, so i did downgrade to 10.2.3.0.
Now i've just clean installed 10.4.1.0 and it's too early for me to say, but feelings is that it might still be shorter in battery. And i'm completely sure i did a clean install cause i:
1. Formatted EVERY PARTITION on twrp various times
2. Flashed from fastboot from the older global version to the newest (EVERY VERSION, it was like 7 different roms)
3. Regularly flashed 10.4.1.0 with magisk
Anyway, what i advise you to do is to do a battery calibration:
Let phone uncharge completely until it goes off, with the phone always off (do not turn it on), charge it for about 5 hours, while still charging boot in twrp, clean cache & dalvik, reboot to system and only take off charger when the screen goes off. Do this entire procedure for at least 3 times, then use it normally for a week and see if does the same

Reactions: TATA_MATA
Yes, Mi Note 3 Xiaomi eu 10.4.1.0
On older roms i've had a problem with mi account after login, a message appeared continuously (i don't remember what it said, it was related to location or something) and it was annoying, since i clean flashed it, so i had to fix it.
I've read that that problem i had was about a partition on the phone that got corrupted, and it's in the same partition that stores also the proximity sensor's drivers.
I CAN'T GUARANTEE IT WORKS, SO DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, but what fixed my problem was to flash from fastboot (without locking back the bootloader) in order:
1. China developer rom
2. China Stable rom
3. Global stable rom
4. Latest xiaomi eu with the usual procedure
before flashing the first rom i formatted every partition from twrp
of course make a backup of everything you need before trying

A little advice: when you flash between the roms, don't access to the operating system, simply, as soon as you see that the rom as been flashed on the computer screen (so the phone is about to restart) press down volume button as soon as you can, so you'll boot directly in fastboot mode without dirty the memory

and be careful not to flash and lock, i've done that a couple times and it got on my nerves to unlock it back and flash back again!

Yes, Mi Note 3 Xiaomi eu 10.4.1.0
On older roms i've had a problem with mi account after login, a message appeared continuously (i don't remember what it said, it was related to location or something) and it was annoying, since i clean flashed it, so i had to fix it.
I've read that that problem i had was about a partition on the phone that got corrupted, and it's in the same partition that stores also the proximity sensor's drivers.
I CAN'T GUARANTEE IT WORKS, SO DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, but what fixed my problem was to flash from fastboot (without locking back the bootloader) in order:
1. China developer rom
2. China Stable rom
3. Global stable rom
4. Latest xiaomi eu with the usual procedure
before flashing the first rom i formatted every partition from twrp
of course make a backup of everything you need before trying

A little advice: when you flash between the roms, don't access to the operating system, simply, as soon as you see that the rom as been flashed on the computer screen (so the phone is about to restart) press down volume button as soon as you can, so you'll boot directly in fastboot mode without dirty the memory

and be careful not to flash and lock, i've done that a couple times and it got on my nerves to unlock it back and flash back again!

I thought it could be a ROOM bug. And was expecting a new stable release.

I don't think it is. As i told you, i don't have that problem, and i've read about people who have had that problem with older versions also.

Have no idea, since it seems that it's not a known problem. You can try my procedure but it's not guaranteed that it will fix it!

Check in Aida64 app from Play store if the other sensors are working - accelerometer, gyroscope etc.
No sensor install
de9d3280ab34e064645b95290258b198.jpg

Enviado de meu Mi Note 3 usando o Tapatalk

In this case, it's probably that the drivers aren't installed at all. My procedure might fix it.

It was after a clean install that this battery issue appeared. I will try @Shady88 's advice for the battery calibration from the second post and see if it changes anything. Thank you

I've had that problem since 10.3.1.0, so i did downgrade to 10.2.3.0.
Now i've just clean installed 10.4.1.0 and it's too early for me to say, but feelings is that it might still be shorter in battery. And i'm completely sure i did a clean install cause i:
1. Formatted EVERY PARTITION on twrp various times
2. Flashed from fastboot from the older global version to the newest (EVERY VERSION, it was like 7 different roms)
3. Regularly flashed 10.4.1.0 with magisk
Anyway, what i advise you to do is to do a battery calibration:
Let phone uncharge completely until it goes off, with the phone always off (do not turn it on), charge it for about 5 hours, while still charging boot in twrp, clean cache & dalvik, reboot to system and only take off charger when the screen goes off. Do this entire procedure for at least 3 times, then use it normally for a week and see if does the same

This worked out great. Its strange how simple battery calibration can add 2 hours screen on time. Thank you