Is it safe to install the last miui stable rom im a rn5 CN versión?

MM747

Members
Oct 16, 2015
Hello,

I just wanna ask a simple question in order to prevent problems after everything read during last weeks. I have a CN version redmi note 5 (Snapdragon). I signed in with a xiaomi user 3 months ago. I was going to unlock and install twrp in order to install the last miui global rom with android 9 (10.3.1.0 PEICNXM). Is it safe or affected for these new restrictions coming from xiaomi?? Will it get bricked if I do that?

Thanks for the help :)

SandStorm

Members
Oct 25, 2018
If you have unlocked bootloader you can install the official global version by fastboot method (with Mi tools or how it's called)
Take attention: do NOT press 'flash and lock' since it will brick your phone. Only select flash.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MM747

MM747

Members
Oct 16, 2015
If you have unlocked bootloader you can install the official global version by fastboot method (with Mi tools or how it's called)
Take attention: do NOT press 'flash and lock' since it will brick your phone. Only select flash.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
But the one I would like to install is the xiaomi.eu stable version (from this website). As fas as I understand, this stable version is based in the chinese rom, thus there won't be no problem... Is it right?

ReyBan

Members
Nov 16, 2017
I also have a CN version of Redmi Note 5. After unlocking the bootloader, I flashed Global ROM. Now I've been using Xiaomi.eu ROM and no problems so far.