is my battery normal??

whitedefy

Members
Jan 2, 2014
i am using Mi2S for the past 6weeks... on about 3-4 occasions when i used my phone till battery went totally flat and auto-shutdown... then when i plug into original charger and cable, no matter how long i plug it in it just would not charge-up or power-up... i tried with different cable and charger but still the same results... then something weird happen... ONLY when i plug into my laptop usb then the phone is able to charge up and able 5mins later when there is at least 1% of charge then i am able to turn it on.

Can anybody tell me if your Mi2S is also the same? But i cant be always looking for a laptop to power up my phone when my batt runs flat right??

Yes, this is a normal behavior. It's not recommended to let the battery fully discharge. But it depends, sometimes it's not necessary to use a laptop.

I had this also in the past I thought my phone was dead...
Stupid thing really if this happens I need to take out and put back the battery...
:mad:

I had even tried the take out battery n plug in charger then put in battery method... but all useless!! Only plug into my laptop then it works... i am wondering if future software updates will solve this problem?? If not i find this is a stupid phone to own because its not as if i want to allow the battery to fully discharge in the 1st place! Most times i am outdoors then i find my battery went flat... then when i want to borrow a charger from friends it also useless!!

Use the search option people :)
There already is a million of posts about this topic :p (Ok, maybe I'm slightly exaggerating, lol)

I have search many but all telling me the battery of Mi2s is like that... i even ask Xiaomi.com help chatline and they told me if once battery fully flat need to plug in charger at least 2-3hrs to "revive" it!! But i also own a Hongmi and many other phones and brands before... when the batt is flat i simply plug in charger and most can power up almost immediately... if not at most after 5mins... Y this Mi2s is so special i am wondering if i got a faulty set??