Is my Mi 11 Ultra ruined?

Dreamstreet

Members
Sep 5, 2022
So I tried updating to MIUI 14.0.3.0 which worked well, but then I found out I have to lock the phone in order to use very important apps in my country. So I ran the MiFlash and told it to install the same ROM and lock it. It worked but as it started up it goes to recovery and says "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device". And now the phone is locked. What do I do? Please help.

Edit: I've tried unlocking it and then locking the device against using mini ADB, but I still get the same error

Last edited:
So I tried updating to MIUI 14.0.3.0 which worked well, but then I found out I have to lock the phone in order to use very important apps in my country. So I ran the MiFlash and told it to install the same ROM and lock it. It worked but as it started up it goes to recovery and says "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device". And now the phone is locked. What do I do? Please help.

Edit: I've tried unlocking it and then locking the device against using mini ADB, but I still get the same error
You don't specify which ROM you tried to install on it before locking. YOU CANNOT LOCK WITH THE .EU ROM INSTALLED it is not official. You must flash the Chinese MIUI ROM for Chinese phones, or Global/EEA etc for basically any other region to relock the bootloader.

So yes, if you locked after flashing the .EU ROM you may have a brick now that will need to be flashed in service mode by a Xiaomi authorized repair facility. You can always try flashing the appropriate ROM for your phone again using miflash and see if it works though. You have nothing to lose at this point.

Lesson: NEVER try to lock the bootloader while running MIUI.EU. It is a third party ROM, not officially endorsed by Xiaomi (if you didn't already know that).

You don't specify which ROM you tried to install on it before locking. YOU CANNOT LOCK WITH THE .EU ROM INSTALLED it is not official. You must flash the Chinese MIUI ROM for Chinese phones, or Global/EEA etc for basically any other region to relock the bootloader.

So yes, if you locked after flashing the .EU ROM you may have a brick now that will need to be flashed in service mode by a Xiaomi authorized repair facility. You can always try flashing the appropriate ROM for your phone again using miflash and see if it works though. You have nothing to lose at this point.

Lesson: NEVER try to lock the bootloader while running MIUI.EU. It is a third party ROM, not officially endorsed by Xiaomi (if you didn't already know that).
So you're telling me, that unless I install the Chinese MIUI ROM on my phone, because i bought it from China, I can't lock it? In that case, I'll just see if I can't get a new phone.

I was able to unlock the phone and use the backup I have of the phone, but without being able to lock the bootloader, it's not worth keeping it anymore.

So you're telling me, that unless I install the Chinese MIUI ROM on my phone, because i bought it from China, I can't lock it? In that case, I'll just see if I can't get a new phone.

I was able to unlock the phone and use the backup I have of the phone, but without being able to lock the bootloader, it's not worth keeping it anymore.
Yes that is the case if it is the Chinese version. This is why most of us buy the Global variants (Such as the two Poco F3 8/128 Global models I own) for the slightly higher cost (plus they generally have better cellular band support since they're not just targeted at the Chinese market).
If you have Magisk installed, just install the universal safetynet fix (Google it) and add Google Play Services, Play Services Framework and Play Store to the Deny List in Magisk (as well as other apps that are complaining about being rooted or uncertified). There are zero apps that I've found that I cannot trick into running on any of my devices. What apps are giving you trouble?

Yes that is the case if it is the Chinese version. This is why most of us buy the Global variants (Such as the two Poco F3 8/128 Global models I own) for the slightly higher cost (plus they generally have better cellular band support since they're not just targeted at the Chinese market).
If you have Magisk installed, just install the universal safetynet fix (Google it) and add Google Play Services, Play Services Framework and Play Store to the Deny List in Magisk (as well as other apps that are complaining about being rooted or uncertified). There are zero apps that I've found that I cannot trick into running on any of my devices. What apps are giving you trouble?
I'm in Denmark, so we got specific apps we use to access our banks, payment methods, personal data and so on. That app doesn't work while the it thinks the phone is jailbroken. That's the only reason why I wanted to lock it again. Without that app, you can't use anything of worth to you personally in the country.

I'm in Denmark, so we got specific apps we use to access our banks, payment methods, personal data and so on. That app doesn't work while the it thinks the phone is jailbroken. That's the only reason why I wanted to lock it again. Without that app, you can't use anything of worth to you personally in the country.
You can hide that the phone is modded with LSPosed and Shamiko as well, but it sounds like you haven't tried anything to actually work around it and just want an out of the box fix. In that case, yes, you should just get another phone or relock the bootloader. Because the workarounds work just fine for banking apps and apps that deal with personal information in every other country and would work there as well if you tried.

I did the same thing. Did you manage to find a solution?

I did the same thing. Did you manage to find a solution?
Not to getting it unrooted. But I was able to unlock the phone with Mi Unlock and get it to work again, although the phone got wiped. At least it now has MIUI 14 on it, so I would recommend that if you just want to use your phone with newer software system.
As for me, I've decided to get another phone to use as my main one.

Not to getting it unrooted. But I was able to unlock the phone with Mi Unlock and get it to work again, although the phone got wiped. At least it now has MIUI 14 on it, so I would recommend that if you just want to use your phone with newer software system.
As for me, I've decided to get another phone to use as my main one.
How did you manage to getting it unlocked? Mine is stuck locked on fastboot page.