Is there a TWRP for Mi 9t?

their roms are based on xiaomi.eu roms ; i use them since many years on my xiaomi phones, no problem.......

Reactions: kezzuki
Hi guys, on wednesday I can unlock the bootloader of my Redmi K20 Pro. Are there any special steps needed to flash twrp and xiaomi.eu rom on this phone?
Before install I will wipe /data partition is this correct? I am just asking because the Mi8 SE I flashed needs an older CN developer rom before flashing a new rom from here. Otherwise it would not boot.

Last edited:
hello guys

i treid to unlock the bootloader of my mi9t,,but this didn't went very well... it got on bootloop and the bootloader is stil locked.
What can i do to fix this?
Is there a flashable rom?or unlock the bootloader without the unlock tool?
thanx for the help.

It's based on XIAOMI.EU's roms... so it's likely same roms as here but, you can add root, adaway and some other mod directy in the rom.

when i install new rom, for example from global stable to EU ROM, i always do clean instal and i do format data. Never problem with encryption

Thank you guys for this post.
I'm new to this forum, and I used this twrp provided here, but I don't work boot to my Mi 9T.
The device has been unlocked
- MIUI Version: MIUI Global 10.3.11 Stable
- Android Version: 9 PKQ1.190302.001
- Model Name: M1903F10G
Now I need to root it without flashing twrp, I need to be on the Stock recovery because I don't want to lose the OTA update.
So I ran this command :

C:\adb>fastboot boot recovery.img Downloading ‘boot.img’ OKAY [ 1.404s] booting OKAY [ 0.127s] Finished. Total time: 1.560s

but the device reboot to MI-Recovery 3.0, can someone correct me if I'm wrong? also which twrp version support MIUI Global 10.3.11 Stable?

Hi

I'm unable to start K20 (sd730) in recovery mode
after downloading TWRP 3.3.1REDMI_K20.rar

>fastboot boot recovery.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 1.386s]
booting...
OKAY [ 0.134s]
finished. total time: 1.520s

>fastboot boot recovery.img
OKAY [ 1.386s]
booting...
OKAY [ 0.134s]
finished. total time: 1.520s

(downloaded files from hxxps://unofficialtwrp.com/xiaomi-redmi-k20-root-twrp/)

Phone is unable to start TWRP and shows "Redmi by Xiaomi" and Unlocked at the bottom.
Where can I download all necessary files to start TWRP on K20 ?

tnx

@akha666 and @manuel985 you both need to manually boot to twrp. Because of the rollback protection you keep going back to the stock recovery. After the 'fastboot boot twrp.img' command press the on/off button and the volume up button and keep it pressed until you see the twrp logo.

But @akha666 when you root the phone it will keep the twrp recovery (as far as I know). When you download a new update and flash that one, then you will loose root, but also the twrp recovery again.

@akha666 and @manuel985 you both need to manually boot to twrp. Because of the rollback protection you keep going back to the stock recovery. After the 'fastboot boot twrp.img' command press the on/off button and the volume up button and keep it pressed until you see the twrp logo.

But @akha666 when you root the phone it will keep the twrp recovery (as far as I know). When you download a new update and flash that one, then you will loose root, but also the twrp recovery again.

@13art I press power + Volume up for 5s and reboot and black screen is for 1-2s and after that again "Redmi by Xiaomi" is show
try to execute "fastboot boot twrp.img" and as soon as screen turns black I pressed power + volume up but same thing again.

I tried to install TWRP from another URL, it comes with .bat file to automatically execute everything

here is a result:
flash_twrp.bat
f92c0044 fastboot
Press any key to continue . . .
erasing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ -0.000s]
finished. total time: -0.000s
target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'recovery' (65536 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.397s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.315s]
finished. total time: 1.713s
OKAY [ 1.383s]
booting...
OKAY [ 0.133s]
finished. total time: 1.519s
Press any key to continue . . .

.bat file looks like this:
@echo off
fastboot devices
pause
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img
pause

Same thing, I'm unable to "start" TWRP only "Redmi by Xiaomi" is shown.
Is there a way to restore original chines rom on this device (which will work) and then to try once more to apply this ?

@13art tried it Mi PC Suite but didn't work, Since Im in fastboot mode only "recovery" button should work but Mi PC Suite says "Try Connect to normal mode fires then switch"
Here is how I manage to enter into TWRP
I downloaded tool from XDA hxxps://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-9t/development/unoffocial-3-1-1-2-fixed-4pda-t3952672
after installing this TWRP is working!!!

I mean the xiaomi tool, not the Mi pc suite ;)
But you got twrp working so no need to look for the xiaomi tool anymore.

I did that, but the device still boots to stock recovery.

@13art tried it Mi PC Suite but didn't work, Since Im in fastboot mode only "recovery" button should work but Mi PC Suite says "Try Connect to normal mode fires then switch"
Here is how I manage to enter into TWRP
I downloaded tool from XDA hxxps://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-9t/development/unoffocial-3-1-1-2-fixed-4pda-t3952672
after installing this TWRP is working!!!
I can acknowledge this one is working. It works with the xiaomi.eu weekly 9.8.15