Is there a way to allow permissions for system apps?

Spookie

Members
Dec 14, 2021
I updated my Health app to Mi Fitness because the old app uses like 10% of battery a day also the Sleep widget is missing and I cannot add permissions to it so that it can track my sleep. Is there any way to get the permissions tab back?

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-24-23-27-49-880_com.mi.health.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-24-23-27-49-880_com.mi.health.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 134
If you see that screen, means it is not a system app..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-25-11-04-47-719_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-25-11-04-47-719_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 74
I even systemized the app that also didn't work so I guess I will have to revert back to the old version

Now my question is why not give the option to remove the app if you want the Play Store version so that everyone else can use the new versions of Health now Mi Fitness

Now my question is why not give the option to remove the app if you want the Play Store version so that everyone else can use the new versions of Health now Mi Fitness
It was already done. Health app doesn't prevent installing the Play Store version additionally. Your problem is that you force-updated the Health app to Chinese Mi Fitness, because updating MIUI system apps is not normally possible on our ROMs, so... good luck with the tinkering. Uninstall Chinese Mi Fitness and the Play Store Mi Fitness will be installable (no, it's not the same app, but they are conflicting with each other).

So there is no way to get the new Chinese Mi Fitness app back. Because I remember it was once included before it was rolled back to Health

So there is no way to get the new Chinese Mi Fitness app back. Because I remember it was once included before it was rolled back to Health
Not normally. And you don't need to touch its permissions anyway. The functions you are trying to use are force-disabled for international ROMs, so an unmodded China Mi Fitness is barely useful outside of China ROM.

The only features I need are Steps and Sleep and steps work perfectly is just that it doesn't have permission to read activity info so it doesn't get my sleep time