Is there any way to retrieve data from my mi note 10 lite that's stuck in a boot loop?

KISSMYRAIFU

Members
Sep 9, 2022
today morning I opened my camera app, found out the rear camera isn't working so I decided to restart the phone hoping that would fix it but while restarting I noticed that its taking a while to boot up again until I realize its stuck so i attempted to hold down the power button and it boots into the same state.

anyway what i tried is getting into recovery mode which didn't help at all, tried connecting to mi pcsuite but when i do it tells me "try connect in normal mode then switch" idk what that means.

The only available solutions i could find are to either use the option "wipe data" (aka factory reset) or flash a new rom into the device through fastboot (btw i can access to) but both options lead to losing all of my data that I cant afford sacrificing. so I'm hoping there's a way that allows me to back up my files before proceeding with the previously mentioned options.

Also I'm wondering if I install a new rom will I lose all of my data by default? idk if xiaomi does the partitions thing, and if that's the case I looked into some data recovery tools that claim to recover deleted files from any device, does that work?

any help would be appreciated.

today morning I opened my camera app, found out the rear camera isn't working so I decided to restart the phone hoping that would fix it but while restarting I noticed that its taking a while to boot up again until I realize its stuck so i attempted to hold down the power button and it boots into the same state.

anyway what i tried is getting into recovery mode which didn't help at all, tried connecting to mi pcsuite but when i do it tells me "try connect in normal mode then switch" idk what that means.

The only available solutions i could find are to either use the option "wipe data" (aka factory reset) or flash a new rom into the device through fastboot (btw i can access to) but both options lead to losing all of my data that I cant afford sacrificing. so I'm hoping there's a way that allows me to back up my files before proceeding with the previously mentioned options.

Also I'm wondering if I install a new rom will I lose all of my data by default? idk if xiaomi does the partitions thing, and if that's the case I looked into some data recovery tools that claim to recover deleted files from any device, does that work?

any help would be appreciated.
try safemode use search and katerpanne

update: I somehow luckily managed to boot up into safe mode the first time while i could use my phone i couldn't get to connect it to pc then it just went back into the bootloop again by itself but i kept trying, got it booted up back again in safe mode and I'm transferring files to my pc via ftp.
Although i no longer have to worry about my data I still don't know yet how to fix my phone to get working again like normal.

Reactions: katerpanne
update: I somehow luckily managed to boot up into safe mode the first time while i could use my phone i couldn't get to connect it to pc then it just went back into the bootloop again by itself but i kept trying, got it booted up back again in safe mode and I'm transferring files to my pc via ftp.
Although i no longer have to worry about my data I still don't know yet how to fix my phone to get working again like normal.
hi, I have the same issue, i want to recover my data, but I can not manage to put into safe mod, can you please remember how you manage to do this? I tried everything but it's stuck on MI logo. I can put in recovery mode and select everything from there, i tried safe mode, conect to mi, reboot, nothings works...

hi, I have the same issue, i want to recover my data, but I can not manage to put into safe mod, can you please remember how you manage to do this? I tried everything but it's stuck on MI logo. I can put in recovery mode and select everything from there, i tried safe mode, conect to mi, reboot, nothings works...
Safe Mode (This is not the "Recovery mode" or the "Fastboot mode" )
In case your phone shows a lot of errors and you cant handle them because there are a lot of pop up windows or you want to deinstall something from magisk as example ... try the "safe mode" only some important standard apps will be loaded:
  1. Power off your Android device and then power it on. You can also use the Reboot or Restart option.
  2. You will see the Powered by Android logo and MI logo on the boot screen, If they disappear and the Screen ist black, press and hold the Volume Down key down so long till system ist loaded
  3. The System will load and you will see a watermark... Safe mode
  4. Deinstall the app with the error / analyze the root cause of the issue and so on ...
  5. Reboot the phone to get off the "safe mode"
  6. Perhaps after loading you have to disable AirPlane Mode