Is xiaomi.eu providing or developing official global rom for Mi 10 Lite Zoom?

ncv_00

Members
Oct 10, 2020
Good day!

Before anything else, I would just like to say that I am only asking this question because reseller said that their supplier flashed the "official" global rom to Mi 10 Lite Zoom purchased yesterday. Apparently their supplier flashed official global rom but when I went to settings it says "MIUI 12 by xiaomi.eu". I don't have any issue with this community's work ( big fan) but they (supplier or reseller) locked the bootloader so now I cannot update the phone. I am hesitant in unlocking the bootloader because of warranty. Can anyone confirm if the community is working with Xiaomi to develop the official global rom for Mi 10 Lite Zoom?

P.S. I am so sorry if this same question was asked before.

P.S.

Good day!

Before anything else, I would just like to say that I am only asking this question because reseller said that their supplier flashed the "official" global rom to Mi 10 Lite Zoom purchased yesterday. Apparently their supplier flashed official global rom but when I went to settings it says "MIUI 12 by xiaomi.eu". I don't have any issue with this community's work ( big fan) but they (supplier or reseller) locked the bootloader so now I cannot update the phone. I am hesitant in unlocking the bootloader because of warranty. Can anyone confirm if the community is working with Xiaomi to develop the official global rom for Mi 10 Lite Zoom?

P.S. I am so sorry if this same question was asked before.

P.S.
No, the devs here are not working with official Xiaomi devs on building the official global ROM. This is a custom ROM project.
You need to unlock the bootloder to update your device. Locking the bootloader is absolutely nonsense from your reseller (not really a trusted reseller).
To get back warranty you can simply flash official ROM with MiFlash by choosing "clean all and lock".

It's normally impossible to (re)lock the bootloader and have a working custom ROM on its device... o_O

Mi 10 Lite Zoom (vangogh) doesn't have Official Global ROMs and it will surely never have. ;)

Thank you for confirming guys. I'll go show this to the reseller. I really don't know how they re-locked the bootloader but right now reseller is saying that what their supplier flashed is the official global ROM available to suppliers. I even pointed out that on mi.com/global, mi 10 lite zoom is not listed ( I should have checked it before buying ). Aside from the fact that they locked the bootloader, still very happy with the phone and the ROM that comes with it.

Thank you again for confirming. Cheers!