Is Xiaomi Mi Note 3 a good device?

• Thread starter Deleted member 190384
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 190384

Hi,

Consider buying Mi8 or Mi Note 3 but don't know which of them. Appreciate your opinion
of Mi Note 3 and more if you can compare to Mi8.
Thank you in advance!

Mi 8 is newer device thqt has better specs and probably better software support - Android pie will be released soon. Mi note 3 is also a very good choice but global support is not very good, china rom is good but still on Android oreo. If you have the budget go with Mi 8

The two devices are not in the same class. If you have the budget, go with newer device, always.

Going to unlock and use eu-rom. Mi Note 3 6/64GB is 275€ and Mi8 6/64GB is 357€ incl. delivery from Eu-warehouse(no custom or vat).
I've the budget but Mi Note3 includes ir-blaster and 3500mAh while MI8 3400mAh no ir-blaster. Eu-rom MIUI 10 Oreo 8.1 can be installed on Mi Note 3 while Pie 9.0 on Mi8. It's not the price but Mi Note 3 feels tempting.

Going to unlock and use eu-rom. Mi Note 3 6/64GB is 275€ and Mi8 6/64GB is 357€ incl. delivery from Eu-warehouse(no custom or vat).
I've the budget but Mi Note3 includes ir-blaster and 3500mAh while MI8 3400mAh no ir-blaster. Eu-rom MIUI 10 Oreo 8.1 can be installed on Mi Note 3 while Pie 9.0 on Mi8. It's not the price but Mi Note 3 feels tempting.
The only downside of Mi 8 I can think of is that it has rollback protection - you can easily brick it when switching from different roms and have to be very careful.

My wife is very satisfied with her Mi Note 3, runs it hard all day.

I would go for the Mi Mix 2s instead if you want a step up from the Note 3.

Priced like the Mi 8, no notch, no ARB.

From that aspect Mi note 3 is better because you can flash whatever you want and no need to worry of bricking it. Also there is a good amount of custom roms based on Oreo and Pie also that are very good.

I appreciate that flexibility.

I was considering also Mi Mix 2s but ended up to Mi Note 3 or Mi8.

Mi Note 3 is a very good phone.
First miui 10 ROMs, the camera software wasn't good, but since the 9.20 ROM it is very good, I've newest 12.6 eu Rom with german language installed and I'm very satisfied.
Everything works fine. Battery is good, only 1% over night, 2 days no problem for me with this big 3500mah battery.
Yesterday in the evening I made a comparison with the iPhone 7 plus from a friend and the pictures of my mi note 3 are much better, iPhone's pictures are noisy and much deeper, mi note 3 pictures make me happy

i suggest mi note 3! i do 3 days without charging! i use use it for standard purposes like photo, social media and music. i installed the latest weekly rom and i am happy about it. 6gb ram + 128gb is more then enough for couple of years ;)

For me My Mi note 3 is just perfect. The only problem is that there are limited roms for it and in general the support for in outside of chine is almost non-existent. In any other way it almost a perfect phone.

(you can install custom roms if you want android 9.0 like Aosp,LineageOS and much more)