Issue with updating to MIUI14 using TWRP

Aug 24, 2021
Wanting to update from MIUI13 stable.
I had no TWRP installed.
Downloaded latest MIUI14 star version for mi 11 ultra. Transfer it to the root folder in phone with a USB cord using windows.
Opened fastboot and command prompts.
Input "adb devices" and mi 11 Ultra showed as usual with the number.
Input "adb reboot bootloader"
Phone reboots to fastboot
Input "adb devices". No number showed.
Go to device manager and update the driver with android bootloader driver. It goes from yellow exclamation mark to normal status.
Input "fastboot boot twrp.img"
Phone goes to TWRP. I Hit the big wipe button then ok. Only that wipe. No other wipe options were done.
Select the miui14 rom.zip
It goes well and doesn't encounter any errors until it gets to the end where it does partition stuff which all fails and comes up in red. The last 5 or so things.
I go to reboot but it warns me no OS is installed so instead I flash the miui13 rom.zip that was also in the phones root still.
Flashes successfully and reboots to a fresh clean install.
TWRP is now on my device and can be accessed with power and up buttons.
Because I now have TWRP I thought I could update internally in the phone settings. Like I used to in the good old days a few years ago. However, when I click check for updates it say the phone is up to date.
I try to push the zip using fastboot and it gives some error about devices that I can't remember exactly.

Note that now when I run adb devices no number shows anymore.
Not really sure what to do now. I guess the phone is ok but maybe I screwed up partitions somehow or something?
Woud be nice to update to MIUI14 if anyone knows what the issue and/or solution could be?
My level is somewhere slightly above noob. Decent computer skill but this phone stuff I don't really get it.

You have installed a TWRP for Android 13 on an A12 system.
Use the bat(first install or update) file included in the extracted zip folder.

You have installed a TWRP for Android 13 on an A12 system.
Use the bat(first install or update) file included in the extracted zip folder.
Ok. I was pretty sure that I was already running running miui13 and it was the same image leftover in the root directory of my phone that i reflashed to fix the failed miui14 install.. Is that not installing TWRP on an A13 system? For .bat file. I can't see any .bat file in the miui14 rom.zip? Is it because it is hybrid or something? Thanks

There are always 3 lines in red when flashing with the TWRP, it's a bug.
Precisely because it is a hybrid rom which contains the bat files.
chyba.png
Capture d’écran 2023-06-25 080518.png

There are always 3 lines in red when flashing with the TWRP, it's a bug.
Precisely because it is a hybrid rom which contains the bat files.
OK so if i understand it is a bug i can just ignore and i can go back and flash miui14 now?
When TWRP says are you sure there is no operating system installed do I just ignore that message and reboot to system? In other words is that part of the bug as well?

"no operating system installed" is not part of the bug but a user from another device reported this and rebooting to the system worked.
Use the bat file to update to MIUI14.

"no operating system installed" is not part of the bug but a user from another device reported this and rebooting to the system worked.
Use the bat file to update to MIUI14.
Thanks for your help. I really don't see how the fastboot works with the hybrid roms when there is no batch inside them. I just started downloading it from the mirro source instead incase there was an error.
I've literally been doing this for about 10hrs straight
This is the error:
Directory of c:\test

07/02/2023 01:37 AM <DIR> . 07/01/2023 08:58 PM 201,326,592 boot.img 07/01/2023 08:58 PM 426,748,521 cust.new.dat.br 07/01/2023 08:58 PM 0 cust.patch.dat 07/01/2023 08:58 PM 4,226 cust.transfer.list 07/01/2023 08:58 PM <DIR> firmware-update 07/01/2023 08:58 PM <DIR> META-INF 07/01/2023 08:59 PM 4,200,557,791 super.new.dat.br 07/01/2023 08:58 PM 0 super.patch.dat 07/01/2023 08:59 PM 50,604 super.transfer.list 07/01/2023 08:59 PM 100,663,296 vendor_boot.img

8 File(s) 4,929,351,030 bytes 3 Dir(s) 905,264,951,296 bytes free

c:\test>windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat 'windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

may be a problem on your pc, try as administrator or install platform tools and put the contents of the rom folder in the platform tools folder.
So I downloaded the rom again (from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-STABLE-RELEASES/MIUIv14/ )
The problem is that there is 2 roms for mi 11 ultra on the page.
The one I was trying (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V14.0.6.0.TKACNXM_v14-13) had no batch files in it. Maybe a recovery zip or an error I don't know.
As soon as I downloaded xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V14.0.9.0.TKACNXM_v14-13 it was done successfully in a couple of minutes.
With TWRP now on the system is it not possible to use the internal update function within the phone. I remember using that a few years ago then couldn't because TWRP didn't work or something across mi 11 ultra devices.
Anyway thanks for your assistance.