issues connecting redmi note 9s to PC and car share

t3rm3y

Members
Jan 28, 2020
hello, i have had a redmi note 9s for about 3 years , i dont recall ever being able to connect to a pc, and always found other ways to transfer files when ever needed.
now i have a car that allows android auto.
But it doesnt detect the phone.
and because the PC (i have tried two laptops - one is win 10, the other 8.1)
i have tried a few cables but i cant get the laptop to detect the phone. I have tried with usb debugging on and off, i have updated the rom to latest today. 14.0.4
when i plug it in i get a windows error pop up to say the usb encountered an error and doesnt detect the device.
This is on USB port and USB-c port.
THe phone charges when plugged in i dont get the pop up to select file transfer, charging etc.

I have tested with a samsung, and that device works on laptop, with the cables im testing and in the car.

Is there any known issues with xiaomi / miui / my phone that stops it working, it seems to me that it is my device and not the other items i have mentioned.

hello, i have had a redmi note 9s for about 3 years , i dont recall ever being able to connect to a pc, and always found other ways to transfer files when ever needed.
now i have a car that allows android auto.
But it doesnt detect the phone.
and because the PC (i have tried two laptops - one is win 10, the other 8.1)
i have tried a few cables but i cant get the laptop to detect the phone. I have tried with usb debugging on and off, i have updated the rom to latest today. 14.0.4
when i plug it in i get a windows error pop up to say the usb encountered an error and doesnt detect the device.
This is on USB port and USB-c port.
THe phone charges when plugged in i dont get the pop up to select file transfer, charging etc.

I have tested with a samsung, and that device works on laptop, with the cables im testing and in the car.

Is there any known issues with xiaomi / miui / my phone that stops it working, it seems to me that it is my device and not the other items i have mentioned.
I have a Note 9S and it have no issues for Android Auto/ Windows connection on V14.0.4.0. You should try with original cable or try with a high quality cable that allows USB transfer. Else try clean flash your phone.

Last edited:
I have a Note 9S and it have no issues for Android Auto/ Windows connection on V14.0.4.0. You should try with original cable or try with a high quality cable that allows USB trasnfer. Else try clean flash your phone.
Thanks. I have a high quality cable that works on another android phones so I believe the cable is good. I can try a clean flash.
So it shouldn't be the Rom then, I was going to flash a aosp but if you are using the same then ill try a clean flash.
By that whats the best way, ? As I can only install from phone SD card at moment, so is it just wipe data first then re-install rom or just wipe data now as I only updated to 14.0.4 yesterday

I think it's the usb port. Clean flashed and same issue. Other phones work on pc with same cable.
I'll have to try and replace the phone even though I hadn't planned to