New Issues with wifi and 3g

Aug 25, 2013
Hello
I just bought xiaomi mi2s and noticed that it didnt have play store installed. So i did update it to aries jb 3.8.23 and then it had playstore. And i have wifi issue that when i turn on wifi, it wont find any networks and also when i go to settings and wifi settings it goes straight to main window.

I also have issues with playstore and 3g, when trying to download app from store it says that the file is too big and suggest to use wifi. But when i choose download and it just show downloading but nothing happens. Except if i go to downloads.apk and accept the download from there, then it will start it. I will give u the log files.

Wifi issue(logcat): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ymywvqupebejja7/-zbvBirl

Hello. Did this solution work ? I seem to have similar problem. Just got my mi2sc and installed 3.9.6 on to it. 3g works normally as in browser works and so on but if try to download something from play store, it just sticks to downloading but wont actually start the download ever.

Hello. Did this solution work ? I seem to have similar problem. Just got my mi2sc and installed 3.9.6 on to it. 3g works normally as in browser works and so on but if try to download something from play store, it just sticks to downloading but wont actually start the download ever.

Check the download file limit in the downloads app. Open downloads app > press menu key > Up the file limit. To force download of anything over the limit you will need to open the downloads app, the download will be there, and unpause it.

Check the download file limit in the downloads app. Open downloads app > press menu key > Up the file limit. To force download of anything over the limit you will need to open the downloads app, the download will be there, and unpause it.

Hi
That worked. I actually eventually found it out myself earlier and forgot to report to this thread.
but thanks for reply !

this is a bug.. with previous roms and phone in Play store when i unchecked the option "only Wi-Fi" the download start normaly..
Now i have 3.9.6 on Galax Note 2 and when i uncheck "only Wi-Fi" it ignoring this.. and download don't start (awaiting wi-fi).
I have set 50mb limit and for moment this solved my problem.. but if i would download a 100mb file it's impossible with 3g

this is a bug.. with previous roms and phone in Play store when i unchecked the option "only Wi-Fi" the download start normaly..
Now i have 3.9.6 on Galax Note 2 and when i uncheck "only Wi-Fi" it ignoring this.. and download don't start (awaiting wi-fi).
I have set 50mb limit and for moment this solved my problem.. but if i would download a 100mb file it's impossible with 3g

It's not impossible, you just need to 'force' the download. Open the downloads app and the file will be there showing 'Paused - waiting for wifi connection'. Just press the big resume button and your download will start.

*NOTE: There have been reports that this file limit also applies to uploads, and these obviously don't appear in the downloads app, so there is no way to force them. This is a bug.