JBL vs Stock and the recovery option "wipe all data"

hal9000

Members
Sep 10, 2012
Hi guys,

I have these two doubts:

1) what's the difference between the JBL rom and the Stock one?

2) in the Wipe&Reset menu of the Miui recovery there's an option that I don't understand, or better, I have an idea on the meaning but I'm not sure and I really don't want to try it without understanding what I'm doing ...

I mean the option "Wipe all data" ... what does it mean exactly?

Wipe cache --> clean the /cache folder
Wipe data --> format /data

.. and Wipe All data? both the operations together? erase all the contents of the storage, included media files (music, videos, photos ...) and such things? or what else?

Thanks a lot in advance

1) just read the threads we have :(
2) it erases the /cache and the /data folder, not your music, videos and else

1) just read the threads we have :(
2) it erases the /cache and the /data folder, not your music, videos and else
1) I think it was faster for you to tell me the differences, than replying in this way ;)
2) thanks for the info

... and which threads I have to read in particular, if I can ask?

That's misleading...

JLB == "Stable" MIUI
2.x.x / 3.x.x == MIUI, Xiaomi Developer ROM or MIUIAndroid ROM
QCS == stock Android for the Mi 2, from Xiaomi

That's misleading...

JLB == "Stable" MIUI
2.x.x / 3.x.x == MIUI, Xiaomi Developer ROM or MIUIAndroid ROM
QCS == stock Android for the Mi 2, from Xiaomi
ok, It makes more sense ...

if JLB == Stock QCS, there was something yet that I didn't understand

so Stock QCS is Android "vanilla" (just like in a nexus phone) for the Mi2?
--------------------------------------------------

Ok so, there are:

1) JLB Roms, aka Miui Stable releases (about one for each month), released by xiaomi, lang chinese and english, not rooted
2) MIUI Dev roms, released every friday by Xiaomi, lang chinese and english, rooted
3) Stock QCS, released by ??, not a Miui rom but android vanilla, rooted (??), language (??)
4) other Miui "flavours" from Miuiandroid and other Miui crews/official sites all over the world, multilanguage, mainly based on miui-dev releases, rooted

is it correct? can you please fill the "??" sub point 3?

and one last thing: as far as you know, are there JLB rooted and translated/multilanguage, by miuiandroid or some other miui sites?

thanks a lot

Ok so, there are:

1) JLB Roms, aka Miui Stable releases (about one for each month), released by xiaomi, lang chinese and english, not rooted
2) MIUI Dev roms, released every friday by Xiaomi, lang chinese and english, rooted
3) Stock QCS, released by ??, not a Miui rom but android vanilla, rooted (??), language (??)
4) other Miui "flavours" from Miuiandroid and other Miui crews/official sites all over the world, multilanguage, mainly based on miui-dev releases, rooted

and one last thing: as far as you know, are there JLB rooted and translated/multilanguage, by miuiandroid or some other miui sites?

thanks a lot
Stock qcs is released by Xiaomi it's rooted just install superuser. It have Chinese and English

About recovery options
Wipe cache just wipes cache
Wipe data wipes cache and applications and system data (not the installed apks but just their data )
Wipe all wipes cache, app data and also installed apks (sdcard data is not affected by this )

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

Reactions: hal9000

Ok so, there are:

thanks a lot

Stock Android (QCS) is released by Xiaomi - It is plain vanilla android so you can root and carries multi-language

Reactions: hal9000
Wipe all wipes cache, app data and also installed apks (sdcard data is not affected by this )

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2
for "installed apks" you mean the "user apps", "system apps" or all the installed apps?

thanks