Just Purchased A Xiaomi Mi 6 In Uk,

kop32

Members
Dec 28, 2017
Hi All,
I have just purchased this phone in the UK and when going through set up it has defaulted to English (United Kingdom) but then on the "select region" screen there is no option for UK,the nearest is France??,my question (as a newby) is do I have the wrong ROM for my region and if so how do i change it,please be gentle as it is my first Xiaomi phone.

Martin

Sorry, today is like "April's Fool day" here at Spain.

I am not sure why UK is not listed as region, as far as I know EU rom includes UK. I've just checked on my phone and it is not listed , but Angola it is... so I guess there is not a Region list / ROM relation.

Enjoy your new phone !

Hi All,
I have just purchased this phone in the UK and when going through set up it has defaulted to English (United Kingdom) but then on the "select region" screen there is no option for UK,the nearest is France??,my question (as a newby) is do I have the wrong ROM for my region and if so how do i change it,please be gentle as it is my first Xiaomi phone.

Martin

Hi, I'm pretty much in exactly the same boat as you, I took delivery of my nice shiny new Ceramic 128gb Mi6 last Saturday and I too am in the UK...

I've not actually owned a Xiaomi phone before but I've set many up for friends over the last few years and I've seen them slowly add more and more regions into the official Global ROM but yes, you're right still no United Kingdom option. I've personally chosen France, I used to pick India because they hadn't added many of the European countries... I remember also when United States wasn't there as an option and I was convinced that when they added that one day that they would then too add United Kingdom, but I was shocked a few days ago then to find that US was there but still no UK...

Odd really, seems like it's the only one that's missing now in that big list of Regions...

Doesn't seem to make any difference though, as far as I know it just determines which bloatware to pre install if any, select China for example, I think you get some rubbish apps installed then..?

How you finding it anyway? What phone have you come from?

I've just come from my beloved OnePlus 3 which I've had since launch, fancied getting into this dual camera stuff and managed to get a super duper deal on Gearbest early morning on Black Friday... To be honest, I'm very very impressed with the Mi6 so far, I'm specifically finding the battery life to be quite amazing! Missing some bits of Oreo though but ahh well...

For the record also, I'm on Virgin network (who use EE) and where I live in getting 4G just fine so I'm not missing Band 20 either...

My next big task is deciding on whether to flash this Xiaomi.EU rom or should I stick with the Official Global? Decisions, Decisions...

Cheers!

Hi, I'm pretty much in exactly the same boat as you, I took delivery of my nice shiny new Ceramic 128gb Mi6 last Saturday and I too am in the UK...

I've not actually owned a Xiaomi phone before but I've set many up for friends over the last few years and I've seen them slowly add more and more regions into the official Global ROM but yes, you're right still no United Kingdom option. I've personally chosen France, I used to pick India because they hadn't added many of the European countries... I remember also when United States wasn't there as an option and I was convinced that when they added that one day that they would then too add United Kingdom, but I was shocked a few days ago then to find that US was there but still no UK...

Odd really, seems like it's the only one that's missing now in that big list of Regions...

Doesn't seem to make any difference though, as far as I know it just determines which bloatware to pre install if any, select China for example, I think you get some rubbish apps installed then..?

How you finding it anyway? What phone have you come from?

I've just come from my beloved OnePlus 3 which I've had since launch, fancied getting into this dual camera stuff and managed to get a super duper deal on ******* early morning on Black Friday... To be honest, I'm very very impressed with the Mi6 so far, I'm specifically finding the battery life to be quite amazing! Missing some bits of Oreo though but ahh well...

For the record also, I'm on Virgin network (who use EE) and where I live in getting 4G just fine so I'm not missing Band 20 either...

My next big task is deciding on whether to flash this Xiaomi.EU rom or should I stick with the Official Global? Decisions, Decisions...

Cheers!
Now that's a reply!!!, thanks for this most informative post, in answer to your question about which phone I've come from the answer us an LG G6 and Huawei P10, both good phones but in my opinion the LG was to big and the P10 was very buggy but had a good camera, my immediate thoughts on my Xuaomi are very good, I didn't like the launcher so I've loaded Nova and the Contacts app I can't seem to find the option to hide contacts with no phone number so I've loaded the stock android app can't comment on battery life yet.