K30 pro CN version. Need help installing Miui12eu! Having bootloops.

Bromor

Members
Jul 10, 2020
I have a k30 pro 8/256 CN version

I triedTWRP-3.4.1b-0328 (wsx150) and TWRP-3.4.2b-0623 (wsx150) [do these versions really support k30pro CN?]
I tried both stable and weekly Rom: MIUI 12.0.2.0. from XDA dev forum

Everytime I tried same problem: When I reboot: 10 seconds redmi boot screen -> 3sec dark screen -> 20sec redmi boot screen -> goes into TWRP again... (=damaged Installation/Bootloop?)

- I mounted all the possible partitions (except USB-OTG) and also tried with only data+cache mounted Is this where I did something wrong? What partitions must be mounted? before wipe, format, instal?
- then wiped everything before installation, also tried formatting data + wipe before Instal multiple times.
- I tried installing the MIUI zip directly from OTG(USB Stick), I also tried copy to the internal storage (tried several internal folders like cache, storage, sdcard)
(after install i wiped cache+dalvik then reboot)

Please help me, I will be so thankful!
Please let me know if I have any flaws in my process or you did something differently!!

And please make your comment easy to understand and give me precise step-by-step instructions, I am having a hard time learning how to do it!

Cheers! Have a nice sunday!

Last edited:
Do I need Magisk when the ROM installation works? Magisk was not explained in the instructions I see. Do you need it to have a secure phone? I do not need any custom ROM, just want the EU ROM for language support + no chinese Advertising

one more thing: when doing Advanced Wipe I can only select
Dalvik
Data
Internal Storage

Cache
USB-OTG

In a video I saw that someone was able to select (System, Vendor, Micro SD card) too.

It's normal for the phone to reboot twice, and stuck into TWRP if you don't do the two things I mention below. Magisk is optional. Doesn't have anything to do with bootloop.

In the same xda thread link that you provide in the first post. If you read through the thread,

1. See post #103 and #173 - Do not mount anything extra. Disregard "mount every possible partition" in the first post.
2. Too many post in there stating must format data before or after or both. Advanced wipe won't do.

Edit: As for me, after flashing a rom, and every time I got into bootloop to twrp, I just format data again (no need to reflash the new rom) without tinkering the mounting stuffs. That just works for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaurentiuCTN
do you think a new TWRP might help?
Have a dead new phone laying around...

Worth trying but whether it will work or not, I have no idea :'(

One xda member said vbmeta.img solved the bootloop issue but instead it soft brick your phone. While another one mentioned flashing misc.bin got his bootloop problem fixed, so I really don't understand how one solution solved one's problem while it doesn't work for others. Seems like we haven't reached any "universal" solution to get rid of bootloop issue.

Reactions: LaurentiuCTN
yes its totally a mess.
It happens on different devices (at first I thought its only my 8/256),
it happens with different twrp versions 1b &2b,
with different roms
and when it works it semms to work in different 1000 ways.

Ill try again tonight. Fun fact: after recovering my device to CN rom I have to activate developer options, USB debugging again

Last edited:
HOLY COW IT WORKED!
It was the FIST TRY AFTER RECOVERY TO CN ROM.
(my device was bricked after no_verity_opt_script.zip stuff so I had to go back to CN stock rom with MiFlash tool)

I used: 8/256 CN k30Pro; twrp 3.4.1b; miui 12.0.2.0

0. read down below before starting with 1!

1. I had to activate Developer mode, USB debugging again! OEM unlock was already activated

fastboot flash recovery .\twrp-3.4.1b-redmi-k3-pro-wzsx150.img
fastboot flash misc.bin
fastboot boot .\twrp-3.4.1b-redmi-k3-pro-wzsx150.img
->(I used the tab to autofill the name of the file in the command window, it was showing as such, never did that before, the .\ was new for me in the code, I dont think it makes any difference. However I want to help you guys with copying my process step by step as good as possible.)

then it went to twrp for 2 secs, then shut off again and went to twrp again without shutting down again.

3. never clicked on mount (so I didnt mount anything extra)
4. wiped everything (dalvik, cache, data, int. storage)
5. format data
6. copy miui to 'sdcard' from otc-usbstick
7. install
8. wiped dalvik & cache
9. reboot to system
-> NO BOOTLOOP

What did I do differently this time:
- I deleted the misc.bin and twrp.img in my adb folder and unpacked a new downloaded (twrp.zip + misc.bin).
I had two different twrp.img in my folder. But only 1 misc.bin.
(I dont know if it is a problem for twrp if there is a misc.bin from another version. But better just do same as me if you had many twrps in your adp file bc of trying different versions because of bootloops)
- I used the old MIUI12.0.2.0 zip I had many fails with before [MIUI zip is likely not the problem!]

For everyone with bootloops I recommend doing a recovery back to stock CN rom and then going back to developer options and checking usb debugging again!
Plus cleaning the TWRP and misc.bin in your adb folder, maybe not changing names of files.

I hope I can help you!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: nasaktan
Posting my experience - hope its helpful for you - followed Bromor steps with the following exceptions.
1 - ok
2 - ok, EXCEPT 2b - "fastboot flash misc.bin" this generated an error message for me - so I moved on to 2c.
3 - ok
4 - ok BUT do NOT reboot or go "back", proceed w FORMAT (step 5!)
5 - ok. Noticed that it said you need to reboot to mount the partition properly (if you use a OTG then u don't need to reboot I guess)
5b - Hit the REBOOT button
6 - different for me as I wasn't using OTG. Once it rebooted to TWRP, my laptop detected the device and I was able to access phone internal storage (before this it doesn't work). Drag and drop the ROM over to device (anywhere) I used the latest stable version - xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK30Pro_V12.0.5.0.QJKCNXM_v12-10
7 - ok - EXCEPT I had to uncheck verify zip (as it generated an error at this point for me - think cos I was on global rom?) anyways once unchecked, it installed ok.
8 - hit the wipe dalvik & cache - ok
9 - reboot - ok

SUCCESS!!
+ Able to install Netflix and Gpay (and add credit cards for NFC!) once setup! (Previously could not add NFC payments on Gpay - probably due to CTS as I paid a guy $40 to flash my china rom to global rom)

I think I read and re-read countless pages in this and XDA forums trying to figure it out. I think I almost flashed the K30 4G rom at the very start (scary!)
As its my first time flashing a ROM (i think I tried years ago) and its taken me over a week to get to this point. Plus on Sunday, in a sleep deprived state, I paid a guy $40 to flash me from China rom to Global rom, which broke my NFC payment. Though no Chinese was a god-send (I failed o'level CL2 ok).

Kudos to everyone here... Hope this helps someone else! Keep sharing!!

I'm now going to ADB and debloat this sucker.

HOLY COW IT WORKED!
It was the FIST TRY AFTER RECOVERY TO CN ROM.
(my device was bricked after no_verity_opt_script.zip stuff so I had to go back to CN stock rom with MiFlash tool)

I used: 8/256 CN k30Pro; twrp 3.4.1b; miui 12.0.2.0

0. read down below before starting with 1!

1. I had to activate Developer mode, USB debugging again! OEM unlock was already activated

fastboot flash recovery .\twrp-3.4.1b-redmi-k3-pro-wzsx150.img
fastboot flash misc.bin
fastboot boot .\twrp-3.4.1b-redmi-k3-pro-wzsx150.img
->(I used the tab to autofill the name of the file in the command window, it was showing as such, never did that before, the .\ was new for me in the code, I dont think it makes any difference. However I want to help you guys with copying my process step by step as good as possible.)

then it went to twrp for 2 secs, then shut off again and went to twrp again without shutting down again.

3. never clicked on mount (so I didnt mount anything extra)
4. wiped everything (dalvik, cache, data, int. storage)
5. format data
6. copy miui to 'sdcard' from otc-usbstick
7. install
8. wiped dalvik & cache
9. reboot to system
-> NO BOOTLOOP

What did I do differently this time:
- I deleted the misc.bin and twrp.img in my adb folder and unpacked a new downloaded (twrp.zip + misc.bin).
I had two different twrp.img in my folder. But only 1 misc.bin.
(I dont know if it is a problem for twrp if there is a misc.bin from another version. But better just do same as me if you had many twrps in your adp file bc of trying different versions because of bootloops)
- I used the old MIUI12.0.2.0 zip I had many fails with before [MIUI zip is likely not the problem!]

For everyone with bootloops I recommend doing a recovery back to stock CN rom and then going back to developer options and checking usb debugging again!
Plus cleaning the TWRP and misc.bin in your adb folder, maybe not changing names of files.

I hope I can help you!!!!

Reactions: nasaktan
Posting my experience - hope its helpful for you - followed Bromor steps with the following exceptions.
1 - ok
2 - ok, EXCEPT 2b - "fastboot flash misc.bin" this generated an error message for me - so I moved on to 2c.
3 - ok
4 - ok BUT do NOT reboot or go "back", proceed w FORMAT (step 5!)
5 - ok. Noticed that it said you need to reboot to mount the partition properly (if you use a OTG then u don't need to reboot I guess)
5b - Hit the REBOOT button
6 - different for me as I wasn't using OTG. Once it rebooted to TWRP, my laptop detected the device and I was able to access phone internal storage (before this it doesn't work). Drag and drop the ROM over to device (anywhere) I used the latest stable version - xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK30Pro_V12.0.5.0.QJKCNXM_v12-10
7 - ok - EXCEPT I had to uncheck verify zip (as it generated an error at this point for me - think cos I was on global rom?) anyways once unchecked, it installed ok.
8 - hit the wipe dalvik & cache - ok
9 - reboot - ok

SUCCESS!!
+ Able to install Netflix and Gpay (and add credit cards for NFC!) once setup! (Previously could not add NFC payments on Gpay - probably due to CTS as I paid a guy $40 to flash my china rom to global rom)

I think I read and re-read countless pages in this and XDA forums trying to figure it out. I think I almost flashed the K30 4G rom at the very start (scary!)
As its my first time flashing a ROM (i think I tried years ago) and its taken me over a week to get to this point. Plus on Sunday, in a sleep deprived state, I paid a guy $40 to flash me from China rom to Global rom, which broke my NFC payment. Though no Chinese was a god-send (I failed o'level CL2 ok).

Kudos to everyone here... Hope this helps someone else! Keep sharing!!

I'm now going to ADB and debloat this sucker.

Tried Bromor's steps was fine, but I can't install Netflix or GCash on my F2 Pro. Any idea on a fix?

Last edited: