K60 Pro Global ROM comes default from Xiaomi?

AkorClap

Members
Jan 15, 2024
Hi,

As the People around me know my interest in Mobile Phones, when one of them thinks of buying a new phone they do consider asking me to suggest them a phone, which really makes me happy!

Anyways, now this is where the story begins. Recently a relative bought a K60 Pro, which is a good phone (spec wise & performance to price), although the person who bought the phone is happy with it, I’m not really happy. Not because the phone itself is bad but because of One Thing, Software.

I’ve been searching alot, found a lot of info regarding that phone & have a lot of questions.

Starting with the info, I know most here will know it but k60 lineup is a Chinese only device, meaning it comes with Chinese OS, in theory. Problems start when I read that K60 Pro comes with a Global ROM, and this is my first question, how can this phone have global os? Shouldn’t it be Chinese? I asked a random store and he replied telling me the phone comes (shipped) with global rom! Now does this mean that they open the phone, flash it (unlock bootlocker), install software (idk which software they used, the store didn’t reply) then lock everything and repackage the phone, is this what they do? Or is there official k60 phones from xiaomi that come with global?

The other Question is regarding OTA Updates, The seller didn’t mention (when I was buying the K60 Pro) that there is no updates to the phone, I reached out to them lately and they said they will update it for me, does that mean that OTA isn’t supported, it’s most likely that the software in the phone is (Xiaomi.eu) though I have no proof, if it’s Xiaomi.eu then it should support OTA, that’s at least what I read before, am I right? And if this isn’t true and I want to update the phone myself can I do it without PC and without losing all the data?

Can I also download global os with OTA in any way or is that impossible?

If feel shameful, and I take responsibility, even though the seller should’ve mentioned this before someone buys it, I should’ve made more research before suggesting. as a person who people reach out to help them choosing their next phone while I didn’t really suggest them a good phone. It’s bad especially because they are normal people who won’t consider something like fastboot,…etc as opposed For me it’s kinda easy to learn new things.

Hi,

As the People around me know my interest in Mobile Phones, when one of them thinks of buying a new phone they do consider asking me to suggest them a phone, which really makes me happy!

Anyways, now this is where the story begins. Recently a relative bought a K60 Pro, which is a good phone (spec wise & performance to price), although the person who bought the phone is happy with it, I’m not really happy. Not because the phone itself is bad but because of One Thing, Software.

I’ve been searching alot, found a lot of info regarding that phone & have a lot of questions.

Starting with the info, I know most here will know it but k60 lineup is a Chinese only device, meaning it comes with Chinese OS, in theory. Problems start when I read that K60 Pro comes with a Global ROM, and this is my first question, how can this phone have global os? Shouldn’t it be Chinese? I asked a random store and he replied telling me the phone comes (shipped) with global rom! Now does this mean that they open the phone, flash it (unlock bootlocker), install software (idk which software they used, the store didn’t reply) then lock everything and repackage the phone, is this what they do? Or is there official k60 phones from xiaomi that come with global?

The other Question is regarding OTA Updates, The seller didn’t mention (when I was buying the K60 Pro) that there is no updates to the phone, I reached out to them lately and they said they will update it for me, does that mean that OTA isn’t supported, it’s most likely that the software in the phone is (Xiaomi.eu) though I have no proof, if it’s Xiaomi.eu then it should support OTA, that’s at least what I read before, am I right? And if this isn’t true and I want to update the phone myself can I do it without PC and without losing all the data?

Can I also download global os with OTA in any way or is that impossible?

If feel shameful, and I take responsibility, even though the seller should’ve mentioned this before someone buys it, I should’ve made more research before suggesting. as a person who people reach out to help them choosing their next phone while I didn’t really suggest them a good phone. It’s bad especially because they are normal people who won’t consider something like fastboot,…etc as opposed For me it’s kinda easy to learn new things.
It's seller-made custom ROM (without OTA updates) for non-Chinese markets. So, check bootloader (most likely it will be unlocked), flash twrp and xiaomi.eu ROM.

It's seller-made custom ROM (without OTA updates) for non-Chinese markets. So, check bootloader (most likely it will be unlocked), flash twrp and xiaomi.eu ROM.
Hi, thanks for the reply! It’s weird that sellers do this but the good thing is you said I can flash Xiaomi eu, but can I do this without a pc & without losing data?

Hi, thanks for the reply! It’s weird that sellers do this but the good thing is you said I can flash Xiaomi eu, but can I do this without a pc & without losing data?
No, PC required for initial recovery installation. And format data too.

Reactions: AkorClap