Keep or return (asking for advice)

pathfinder

Members
Oct 3, 2012
Hi all..

I have recently bought xiaomi mi3 (snapdragon version) on their website they asked if I wanted the grey or black color phone so I picked the black, but when I received the phone it was grey (silver)

When I contacted their live chat support they didn't even know there was a black version of the phone and they asked me for a photo of how the black version looked like which I found and google and sent it to them.

So now they asking me to take compensation or return the phone back to them for a replacement, the problem is they don't currently have the black version and they have no idea when they will be specially everything in china is shut these days for the new year.

If you were in my place what would you do ? Keep the phone as it is very nice phone and the color is not bad at all or send it back and wait till it become available which could be days or much longer ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the advice...

I have an iphone 5 which uses nano sim, the guy at orange shop gave me an adapter to make the sim into standard size but when I put the sim with the adapter the phone doesn't recognise it (no SIM card)

Is there something wrong with the phone or do I just need new sim ?

I d

id and should be coming via the post in the next couple of days but shouldn't the phone work with the adapter ?
I honestly don't know. Sorry. Maybe the connection is just a bit off because of that adapter. That way it won't be recognized.

I have a dual sim adaptor in my mi2 and it took ages to wiggle the position to make it read the sim slightly moving it, eventually it's working so I darent touch it ever again!
It takes two nano sims in the space a normal sim fits, it was a long slog getting it to work tho....

the black one could come in 1-2 months, so if you wanna wait, just send it back. IF not, than keep it.

it looks like I have got a faulty phone.. I have tried a nano and macro sim both with adapters and also 2 standard size SIMs but still "No SIM" this will be fun (not) trying to arrange to get the phone sent back to them and get it replaced, specially when they only seem to be answering 1 email a day and every time I contact them another name appears, and never answer what you trying to ask them !

@tweetypeety at this stage I will take any color.. I started to think maybe I should of invested my $499 in another phone & saved myself the hassle !

Just wanted to give some update with some good news and some not that good

Just I was getting the phone shipped and started claim with PayPal I decided to give the phone one last try this time with the new SIM orange sent me and this time it wasn't easy to put the sim try back into the phone like before but after a bit of trying it was in and then the "No SIM" message changed to "Emergency Calls Only" which never happened with all the SIMs I have tried before..

So went online to orange website and did SIM swap and voila the phone is working and even got 3G and even HSPDA !!

Also I got email from the website I got the phone from offering me $25 & black phone case which they sale for $6.99 so don't expect anything special but still a nice gesture..

So far everything good BUT.. I noticed that when I have tried to get the SIM out of the phone to read the number on it the tray popped a bit but then I couldn't pull it out.. So it's basically stuck... I didn't want to use any force in case I make thing worst ! Also I have noticed yesterday morning while trying different SIM cards a tiny golden color curved metal which I thing is one of the pins which connect the SIM to the phone !

So the phone is fully working now but what will happen when my contract with orange finishes in couples fm on this and decided to move to different provider ? Taking the old SIM out could cause even more damage to the phone and by that time it's not a new faulty phone but 6 months phone with technical fault ?

So back to the start point now, do you think I should leave it as it's working now or shall I send it back to get replaced/repaired for the peace of mind ?