Laucher apps custom

rafaeimarques

Members
Oct 24, 2019
Is it just me that I don't like changing application icons in MIUI? They could leave as it is in the original MIUI.

Last edited:
The motto is '' The Pure project MIUI '' The default MIUI does not change the design of the apps that are installed later, and unfortunately there is no way to change it, I have already tried to install the Xiaomi apk available on apkmirror. But it doesn't work. If they offer at least as a personalized option it would be great. Also, the Themas app doesn't have the default theme that doesn't change apps.

I still don't get it. What exactly is bothering you?
If you don't like the EU ROM, why not revert back to stock Global or whatever?

AFAIK there are different versions for the file explorer and the media player (for China and Global) with different development paths. Is this your problem?
This has also been debated, just search for it.
I am referring to the non-factory app icons, they flip into the default theme as if it were a theme. But you already showed me the link on how to remove this customization. thanks.

I am referring to the non-factory app icons, they flip into the default theme as if it were a theme. But you already showed me the link on how to remove this customization. thanks.
MIUI doesn't have any "factory icons" for global third-party apps. That's why there's a white background behind them on official ROMs - those are the icons included in the apps themselves that get placed on a white rounded square background. We, on the other hand, have themed icons for a lot of apps. That's why there isn't a white background behind most of them. You don't like that? Go to TWRP, mount System partition, delete /system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons directory with TWRP's File Manager, and enjoy the white backgrounds.

Reactions: rafaeimarques