Mi 9 se - going back from custom rom to miui global

kre1d

Members
Aug 29, 2023
Hello, I want to go back from my current custom rom to the latest MIUI global since Google started messing up with Gpay and I don't wanna install root. My question is: Will GPay work if I flash MIUI via miflash without locking the bootloader (clean all option)? Or it will only work if I lock bootloader (clean all and lock)?

Bootloader must be locked for GPay to work if you are using stock ROM.
Thanks, When I had stock rom last year in July and I unlocked bootloader in order to install the custom rom Gpay was working on MIUI, so did Google change something in the last few months so they will flag my device as insecure now on stock ROM with unlocked bootloader?

Yes, with an unlocked bootloader, the device will be marked as "unsecured". This was also the case in the past if a stock ROM was installed.

Reactions: kre1d
Yes, with an unlocked bootloader, the device will be marked as "unsecured". This was also the case in the past if a stock ROM was installed.
Thanks, Can I flash the latest global rom via miflash without locking the bootloader (clean all option) just to make sure the phone will work before locking and then if everything works flash the same latest global rom and use lock option (clean all and lock)?

- Yes, you can install the ROM using the script "clean all - flash_all.bat"
- You don't need to reinstall the ROM to lock the bootloader. The bootloader can also be locked with the fastboot command:
Code:
fastboot oem lock

Reactions: kre1d
- Yes, you can install the ROM using the script "clean all - flash_all.bat"
- You don't need to reinstall the ROM to lock the bootloader. The bootloader can also be locked with the fastboot command:
Code:
fastboot oem lock
Thanks a lot. Just last question to be sure. Does the fastboot miui rom contain the original recovery as well? Or it will need to be installed separately?