Launcher MOD

Is there a tutorial as to how someone can change the carrier logo when we have the extended setting/centered clock mods installed?

Sent from my PC36100 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Hey Andy,

Great work on the launcher mod! I was wondering if you would be able to make the launcher mod just like it is, but with the hot seat included? I really like the hot seat, or dock, with the ability to get more on the home screen as your mod allows. Thanks a bunch.

Hey Andy,

Great work on the launcher mod! I was wondering if you would be able to make the launcher mod just like it is, but with the hot seat included? I really like the hot seat, or dock, with the ability to get more on the home screen as your mod allows. Thanks a bunch.

I'll see what I can do.. I think it might look a bit cluttered? But I'll give it a go...

I'll see what I can do.. I think it might look a bit cluttered? But I'll give it a go...

Thanks a bunch. The only reason I ask is because of how lp+ offered this and it seemed to be okay. But, I don't want to change how the launcher functions and the themes that work on it.

Uber Awesome Mod :) Thank you Andy! Will you consider having toggles for hide hotseat and center clock?

That's a neat idea but I haven't worked out a way of changing layouts on the fly yet, so if I did have toggles you'd have to reboot for the changes to take effect.

I get an error trying to apply the LauncherMod.v1.0-1.8.19.zip in OpenRecovery (Androidiani 3.3) on a Motorola Milestone with MIUI 1.8.19 with the ENG language pack.

The error says:
assert failed: is_mounted("/system")
(Status 7)

I Googled it and it sait to try and remount my /system as R/W or unmount it. I tried doing that through the console but I don't know how to apply the .zip through the console and if I exit the console, the /system remounts itself. :/

Can anybody please help me.

I get an error trying to apply the LauncherMod.v1.0-1.8.19.zip in OpenRecovery (Androidiani 3.3) on a Motorola Milestone with MIUI 1.8.19 with the ENG language pack.

The error says:
assert failed: is_mounted("/system")
(Status 7)

I Googled it and it sait to try and remount my /system as R/W or unmount it. I tried doing that through the console but I don't know how to apply the .zip through the console and if I exit the console, the /system remounts itself. :/

Can anybody please help me.

Hi. Sorry to hear you're having issues... The issue is that all the devices have different methods to mount system, so getting one script that works for everyone is very difficult. I'm using a new system mounting tool called SIAM (see link) which claims to work with nearly every device (including the Milestone)

I've updated the LauncherMod.v1.0-1.8.19.zip with the latest version of SIAM so hopefully if you re-download the Mod and flash it as normal it should work. If that fails you'll see a Milestone version in the Launcher directory, that will work but I'd really appriciate it if you could try the updated LauncherMod.v1.0-1.8.19.zip first and let me know if it works.. Thanks..

SIAM

Hi. Sorry to hear you're having issues... The issue is that all the devices have different methods to mount system, so getting one script that works for everyone is very difficult. I'm using a new system mounting tool called SIAM (see link) which claims to work with nearly every device (including the Milestone)

I've updated the LauncherMod.v1.0-1.8.19.zip with the latest version of SIAM so hopefully if you re-download the Mod and flash it as normal it should work. If that fails you'll see a Milestone version in the Launcher directory, that will work but I'd really appriciate it if you could try the updated LauncherMod.v1.0-1.8.19.zip first and let me know if it works.. Thanks..

SIAM

Thanks for the reply. I'll try again with the updated .zip.

Right now I'm trying to get CWM working on my Milestone through ADB and am having some other issues. :( Will report back in a while.

UPDATE: I'm able to flash the new version of the mod. Great work!

Hey Andy Great job on the Mod Launcher it works Great on My DX with 1.8.19 MIUI installed one question, do you make a mod for the 12 hour clock widget ? because i use the one made by I think his name Is Dan Griffin and when i flash that over the mod zips that you made they mess up everything so i think if you have a 12 hour clock mod that it should work better with your other mods . Really dont like the army time thing makes my phone feel funny.......lol so any help on this would be great!!!!!!

Is there a way to get 5x5 home screen layout? I think that it would cause a few problems with widgets, but I thought it would worth asking... If so, would you please try to make this mod? Thanks in advance!

Is there a way to get 5x5 home screen layout? I think that it would cause a few problems with widgets, but I thought it would worth asking... If so, would you please try to make this mod? Thanks in advance!

I don't think that would work.. Changing the grid size doesn't change the size of the icons. It would just squash the icons together and look rubbish.. I tried 5x4 with the hotseat and that looks ok, I might try 6x4 without the hotseat, there might be enough room for that especially with my mod to remove the icon labels .. But unless I can work out a way of reducing the size of the icons I think 5 across won't work.. Sorry

+1 on that 5x4 with hotseat release. But I would like it without the hotseat, cuz that would mean a 6x4 layout! Awesome! Great work Andy! Can't wait!

it`s not work on o2x :( nothing new then. I got status 0. Any tips? I got a fix on exdendet. but i don`t find any to this??

it`s not work on o2x :( nothing new then. I got status 0. Any tips? I got a fix on exdendet. but i don`t find any to this??

Hi. Try download one of the new versions I've just uploaded. They include support for the Optimus2x. It's not been tested though so you can be the first!!! Let me know if it works or not..

OP updated with the latest versions. You now have two to choose from :

No Hotseat with a 6X4 grid
Hotseat with a 5x4 grid.

Hope you like them?? You know where to come with any issues or improvement requests ..

Hey, just a question (don't think that it is a request :))
Is it possible to have normal launcher, with dock, but to have page indicators on bottom and not on top of dock? Just curious... :)

Hey, just a question (don't think that it is a request :))
Is it possible to have normal launcher, with dock, but to have page indicators on bottom and not on top of dock? Just curious... :)

I'm guessing it's possible, it's just a layout so no reason why you couldn't specify the hotseat first then the indicators, it's not something I've ever tried though.