Launcher MOD

OP updated with the latest versions. You now have two to choose from :

No Hotseat with a 6X4 grid
Hotseat with a 5x4 grid.

Hope you like them?? You know where to come with any issues or improvement requests ..

I noticed a small issue with the 5x4 hotseat launcher, when moving some 1x1 sized widgets around they don't snap to the grid all the time,
they sit between the grid and overlap an icon.

I made this account to tell you this:
It seems that everytime I install an app, the Launcher just forcecloses on my Nexus S. I've tried with both 5x4 and 6x4 with no difference.
As soon as I uninstall it, the FCs stops. I've tried with different apps with no difference.

I really hope you get this fixed. Great job, though, I really appreciate it.

I made this account to tell you this:
It seems that everytime I install an app, the Launcher just forcecloses on my Nexus S. I've tried with both 5x4 and 6x4 with no difference.
As soon as I uninstall it, the FCs stops. I've tried with different apps with no difference.

I really hope you get this fixed. Great job, though, I really appreciate it.

I have the same issue, FC loop on launcher when i install new apps from market til i uninstall the app.

I found a temporary fix. Just rearrange the icons, then it should work. Or try adding more homescreens.

A Logcat or some clue as to why it's FC'ing would be really useful as I'm unable to replicate this problem...

Hey Andy. I had this issue with 1.8.19. I pm'd you alogcat. Haven't heard from you yet. Figured you were really busy, didn't want to bug you.

As for any workarounds, the only thing I found that worked was to revert back to the standard launcher...download the app(s), reflash mod. Kinda tedious, but Andy's mod is worth it I think.

how to uninstall the launcher mod? cos the widget in the 6x4 layout cant be arranged properly. i prefer much like the original one, but great job tho! sad that the widgets in the only main problem. :(

how to uninstall the launcher mod? cos the widget in the 6x4 layout cant be arranged properly. i prefer much like the original one, but great job tho! sad that the widgets in the only main problem. :(

Hi.. Sorry you don't like it.. If you click the download link on the OP you should see a Launcher zip file that contains the standard launcher. Just flash that in recovery... Make sure you have your icons arranged in a 4x4 layout BEFORE you flash, otherwise you will get a FC.

Hi.. Sorry you don't like it.. If you click the download link on the OP you should see a Launcher zip file that contains the standard launcher. Just flash that in recovery... Make sure you have your icons arranged in a 4x4 layout BEFORE you flash, otherwise you will get a FC.

thank you! i like the launcher, but dont get me wrong, im still using the 6x4 launcher. just no widgets on the homescreen. the widget layout gets out of its original position sometimes like the 4x2 widget. is there any way you could fix the widget alignment?

I cant flash it on lg optimus 2x, it say error (status 0) installation aborted
How? :(

I would love for a Multi DPI launcher mod.

But if it cannot be done dynamicly, can you create static mod for a single dpi ?

for example a mod for 220,200 and 182 DPI ?? the users would only choose the mod of the current dpi they have on the phone.

I would love for a Multi DPI launcher mod.

But if it cannot be done dynamicly, can you create static mod for a single dpi ?

for example a mod for 220,200 and 182 DPI ?? the users would only choose the mod of the current dpi they have on the phone.

What happens currently when you change DPI? Do you have alignment issues?

What happens currently when you change DPI? Do you have alignment issues?

Yes ... completly !

But Miui rom is getting almost Multi DPI compatible, only launcher is messing things up.

On CM7, i use Go Launcher with 182 DPI and with 6 rows and 5 columns ( and all fits very well ).

Notice though , i am talking about miui launcher... is your launcher mod already multi dpi ? ( i am using 1.9.2 rom , cannot test your launcher right now )

Thanks

Is there anyway you can get 5 icons in the hotseat ?

Thanks for your efforts sir !

When does the 1.9.2 launcher comes without hotseat?

Sent from my X10 Erenz MIUI 1.9.2 using Tapatalk

Tried to flash the 1.9.2 update on my Optimus 2x and it returned a (status 0) installation aborted.

edit: Pushed the Launcher2.apk to /system/app/ with adb and works perfectly. :)

Thank you

Hey Andy, just wanted to start off saying I love your mods haha. I tried the 5x4 mod today though and I realized I miss having the dock. I saw a previous post that said theres a file called "launcher" that I could flash to revert back to 4x4, but I can't find it in the index? Has it been taken down or something? Thanks for any reply!

Just flash Extended settings menu options MOD which you're using (if you're not using any of this mod flash ESright zip) and you'll revert to your previous launcher. Just don't forget to clean up bottom line where hotseat comes ;)

sent from eS-OFFed Desire

andy where are the icons phone, browser, messages, dial in the mod launcher?

as I put them?