Launcher MOD

Just flash the latest version of MIUI again. Make SURE that you arrange the icons and widgets in a 4x4 layout BEFORE you flash..

Just flash the latest version of MIUI again. Make SURE that you arrange the icons and widgets in a 4x4 layout BEFORE you flash..

yup done that - the problem is with extended controls for example, it is not centering in the column. I believe the problem is with the row sizes, and that it does centre the widgets properly

yup done that - the problem is with extended controls for example, it is not centering in the column. I believe the problem is with the row sizes, and that it does centre the widgets properly

I was giving instruction on how to undo the MOD..

Nice work Andy :)

20110923084128.jpg

Hi there

Get allways Launcher FC, after i install new Apps from market and they shown as ready in noticebar. Sometimes i can install apps, but than FC. Because the lenght of the Appname? Than there is no returne, only wiping all and reflash Miui.

Any idea?

Hi there

Get allways Launcher FC, after i install new Apps from market and they shown as ready in noticebar. Sometimes i can install apps, but than FC. Because the lenght of the Appname? Than there is no returne, only wiping all and reflash Miui.

Any idea?

Add a new page before installing any apps...

Everytime i install a new app? or .... don't understand. Sry

Is it because there is no room for it ?

Yes..Adding the extra row confuses the position mapper. I've haven't fixed it yet. But the workaround is to add an extra page. No need to do that every time you install an app.

Yes..Adding the extra row confuses the position mapper. I've haven't fixed it yet. But the workaround is to add an extra page. No need to do that every time you install an app.

kk i think i understand, i try it now.

Normaly i got 3 Pages: 1. Widgets (calender,pic) 2. 4 Icons (Phone,Mail,SMS,Browser) 3. Rest (Folders, apps).
And now i only have to add 1 more on right which is for place or move the instal apps at installing.

Sry My English

edit:
Think thats good if i add a secound launcher.

edit2:
Got FC again, but i installed a secound Launcher. with the Secound Launcher i deinstalled the onlyst widget wich is in 4x5 rastprofil and now it works again :-( whats the problem, i added a new page.

Add pages don't work. doesnt matter how much pages i got if a widget is in the area where normaly the dock is i got Launcher FC. If i take it at a normal position, no problem to install apps.

Only have to move my widget up , if i install a app. And than after installation put it back down. Not really hard.

Thx

Andy,

Thanks so much! this is awesome! how hard is it to modify the launcher for the 5 rows instead of 4? wonder if MIUI will add this as an option..

Does it work with qhd displays? In last versions widgets were not centered.

Edit: Widegtsize is still not optimized for qhd.

Will there be a patch in near future?

Andy - pm sent regarding continuing this mod...

In the meantime, could I get a 6x4 no launcher mod? Or can you pm me on how to do this mod? Thanks. :)

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

this is how you fix it.

1) use apktool to extract launcher2.apk (located in the patch zip file)

2) go to \res\values folder

3) edit dimens.xml file parameters

workspace_widget_cell_width: change 80dip to 90 dip

thats will fix the the widget width if you want to fix folder so tweak
workspace_folder_height_addition parameter

you can tweak other parameters is you wish.

4)build launcher2 with the new modified dimens.xml.

5) update zip patch with new launcher2.apk

6) that's it. (don't forget to share here the resulted file)

Thx I´ll test it after my exam in three days.