Launcher MOD

Andy is going to send me the instructions on continuing this mod, I use it as well and will try my best to keep it updated :-D

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Great news! Would love to see the 4X5 launcher with hotseat integrated with the 12-hour flip clock and scrollable widget support!

Great news! Would love to see the 4X5 launcher with hotseat integrated with the 12-hour flip clock and scrollable widget support!

So, you want the hotseat ? I believe this mod is just for deleting the hotseat. I believe what you're wanting could be accomplished by flashing one of the extended settings mods, that support scrolling.

So, you want the hotseat ? I believe this mod is just for deleting the hotseat. I believe what you're wanting could be accomplished by flashing one of the extended settings mods, that support scrolling.

Beggars being choosers, I would love a version of Andy's version 2 from the OP with scrollable widget support:

I've made a few MODS to the standard Launcher and was asked if I would share them so here you go..

There are two version available.
The first, as you'll see from the screenshot the hotseat has been removed.
The grid size has been increased to 6x4 to make use of the extra space.

The second includes the hotseat but the grid size is increased to 5x4.

1.8.26 Downloads

One way or the other, you have my thanks for keeping this project alive!

EDIT: I just realized I said 4X5 in my original post -- I of course meant 5X4 in case that was causing any confusion.

Andy is going to send me the instructions on continuing this mod, I use it as well and will try my best to keep it updated :-D

Any update on this? I've tried modding the launcher2.apk file and it hasn't worked :D (not that I really know what I'm doing, just trying to follow tutorials)

Any update on this? I've tried modding the launcher2.apk file and it hasn't worked :D (not that I really know what I'm doing, just trying to follow tutorials)

Can you link me to these tutorials? Andy is still on vacation, but he is gonna school me on this. Probably another week, unless I figure it out before. :)

Can you link me to these tutorials? Andy is still on vacation, but he is gonna school me on this. Probably another week, unless I figure it out before. :)

download andy his modded version

download normal MIUI version (same week build would be the best!)

download a program called "beyond compare"

decompile both apk's compare them with the program and you can see what lines in wich files are changed!

add these changes in the new MIUI launcher apk and you are done

Owain

It does with 9.23 :) so I think it's also working with 9.30
Try it :)

sent from my S-OFFed Desire

I tried to install the 5x4 hotseat v1-1.28.26. zip, but I get the following error: asset failed error in the zip file (status 7)

es_center for 1.9.23 does not work with 1.9.30,in case anybody was wondering. f*cks up the dock and makes it cover the whole screen..

- sent from my android -

You're not in right thread ;) this is for launcher mod not extended settings

sent from my S-OFFed Desire

It looks like this for me on 9.30:
20111005_021716.jpg

There is too much space under the statusbar so that widget is moved down and the icons overlap it. And the other bug can be seen at the bottom :)

Hi,

I am using ROM version 1.9.23, but flashed MOD version 1.9.16 (as I couldn't see a version higher than that). All is good apart from the Editing view for Folders.

Does anyone else see this?

20111006_135220.jpg