New List of Bugs for Note 2 Rom

Praveen Kumar

Members
Apr 11, 2013
Here is what I have encountered.

1. Coming from stock ROM, I was missing popup browser. I tried installing the one available in play store. It isn't working. I enabled the allow pop up options, but it wasn't working.

2. Setting --> Settings (samsung's) --> Display --> Screen Mode (the buttons are not visible clearly)

3. Unable to turn on Air View. I was also unable to take the screen shot using S-Pen.

4. Feedback app itself is buggy, I believe. When I executed it for the first time, it asked me what kind of bug I want to report. I did. After that I never got that screen. I was always thrown off to screen where I had written my initial report, and back to home after discarding the report.

5. After snipping a portion of display using S-Pen, I didn't get the option to share it with whatsapp, which I used to get. I get option to share it using almost all the other apps, including Viber, but not Whatsapp. Not sure what's wrong.

6. Facebook isn't syncing its contacts. It shows its synced, but in contacts app, the number of contacts from facebook are 0.

Other than that, whole ROM is working great. Very smooth (as good as iOS) and stable. Great looking stock apps, I am using it after quite sometime. Nice animations. Notification Panel was a tiny bit laggy, but ok for my taste. Please let me know if I was wrong in above mentioned bugs along with a solution. Thanks in advance.

PS: It's my first post on the forums. Sorry if I offended anyone or broke rules.

To the OP, the spen air view works perfectly. Just go to Setting/ settings/ Spen and you will see the option to enable airview.

Here are the list of bugs ive noticed on both the S3 and the Note 2:

1.) In contact settings, when trying to merge duplicate contacts, it crashes everytime. I can never get it to work.
2.) The transitional effects are terribly sluggish. The only usable ones are classic, Tumble and 3D Cube.
3.) When creating folders, it is also sluggish when opening/closing and scrolling through the apps in the folder.
4.) I installed another launcher such as apex/nova and the widgets just dont work. I can see them in the app drawer but when i try to add them on the homescreen it doesnt work.
5.) It would really help if the updater.script is updated to work with TWRP recovery. Its just annoying to keep changin the recovery inorder to update to newer version.
6.) It is sluggish when you scroll through contacts if you disable Simple Mode in the Contact settings.

Other than that it works just fine nothing extra ordinary. It is an eye candy but it still needs work to improve overall performance, this still feels beta.

Reactions: Praveen Kumar
Another bug that I came across. I wasn't able to Send a picture on Whatsapp using camera. Works fine when I try to send one via gallery, but not so when I try to use "take photo" option.

To the OP, the spen air view works perfectly. Just go to Setting/ settings/ Spen and you will see the option to enable airview.

1.) In contact settings, when trying to merge duplicate contacts, it crashes everytime. I can never get it to work.
2.) The transitional effects are terribly sluggish. The only usable ones are classic, Tumble and 3D Cube.
3.) When creating folders, it is also sluggish when opening/closing and scrolling through the apps in the folder.
4.) I installed another launcher such as apex/nova and the widgets just dont work. I can see them in the app drawer but when i try to add them on the homescreen it doesnt work.
5.) It would really help if the updater.script is updated to work with TWRP recovery. Its just annoying to keep changin the recovery inorder to update to newer version.
6.) It is sluggish when you scroll through contacts if you disable Simple Mode in the Contact settings.

Other than that it works just fine nothing extra ordinary. It is an eye candy but it still needs work to improve overall performance, this still feels beta.

I couldn't get Air View to work on mine. In regard to 1st, I could merge duplicates, but it isn't perfect, so I don't bother. Use some third party app. 3)I don't have enough apps in one folder to check that, but so far, opening and operating folders are extremely smooth.

I couldn't get my ROM to update OTA. Any idea if I need anything else to do so (trying to update to 3.4.12). Is it okay if I flash the ROM without wiping data.

I couldn't get Air View to work on mine. In regard to 1st, I could merge duplicates, but it isn't perfect, so I don't bother. Use some third party app. 3)I don't have enough apps in one folder to check that, but so far, opening and operating folders are extremely smooth.

I couldn't get my ROM to update OTA. Any idea if I need anything else to do so (trying to update to 3.4.12). Is it okay if I flash the ROM without wiping data.

Well im using 3.4.12 atm and its possible that the airview has been fixed on this version. Im not sure if we both are on the same understanding of what "smooth" youre referring to when using folder, but if you could the chance try adding more apps in a single folder and see if its still smooth scrolling.

Also, i couldnt update using OTA so i just downloaded manually. During installation i only wiped the system, cache and dalvik cache partitions, and it went through alright. Theres just no reason to wipe data folder.

True. I did what you asked me to do. I realized the Animation wasn't smooth. I could see a few frames. However same wasn't the case with folders with less apps. However, scrolling was smooth but the bounce back effect is too blunt. Bounce happens instantly.

I did update to 3.4.12. Air View still not working. May be its me. If you use whatsapp, can you please check the 5th bug that I mentioned in my first post. Inability to use share feature makes me feel as if I am in iOS.

True. I did what you asked me to do. I realized the Animation wasn't smooth. I could see a few frames. However same wasn't the case with folders with less apps. However, scrolling was smooth but the bounce back effect is too blunt. Bounce happens instantly.

I did update to 3.4.12. Air View still not working. May be its me. If you use whatsapp, can you please check the 5th bug that I mentioned in my first post. Inability to use share feature makes me feel as if I am in iOS.
I just tried snipping and i couldnt find the option to send through whatsapp. So alternatively you can just snip and send it to the Photo gallery and then from there send it to whatsapp. It is inconvenient and i hope they resolve this issue.

2) Thank you so much for this bug report. I've been seeing everyone complain about sluggish transitions but I use the 3D Cube so I've never understood the issue. It's now apparent (thanks to yourself) that this only affects certain transitions.

3) Convert the launcher to a system app via titanium to enable widgets. Note that in doing so the launcher will disappear from the 'select preferred launcher list'. So select the third-party launcher THEN convert to system app.

1. Tweedle does not start up, tapping the icon immediately fc's
2. Date format set in system settings does not match dateformat in, for example, the calendar app. System setting for me is dd-mm-yy but lockscreen and calendar (and others) always use yy-mm-dd. Dealbreaker for me.
3. Probably not a bug, but the icons are just way too big. Ugly.
4. E-mail app (Vanilla Android, not Gmail). When an attachment can't be downloaded a yellow bar shows up once saying the attachment can't be downloaded. The MIUI E-mail app does the same but the yellow bar pops up and disappears many..many times and very fast making it impossible to read the message.

I absolutely want to use this rom because of it's beauty, but the INCONSISTENT use of the date format is very annoying. The clockwidget shows the correct date format, messages also shows the correct format, calendar not, lockscreen not.
I always have to check if the app i'm using has the correct dateformat and if not, I more than once have to check twice if i'm using the correct date when both month and day are <12.

My Note 2 is on the 3.4.12 version and i'm trying to remove the sound when I receive mail but it doesn't work. The sound remain.
Someone else with this bug ?

More bugs that I encountered.

- Notification drawer is not that smooth, especially when you drop it fast.

- Opening a picture in gallery is not smooth. I can see three distinct frames.

- Yes, only few of the transition effects are usable in launcher.

- I couldn't find the NFC toggle for notification shade.

- I was able to turn on the Air view, (I was trying to switch it using the toggle), but it didn't work for me. I couldn't scroll using S-Pen or take screenshots using S-Pen. S-Pen is not fully integrated. Some features of S-Pen are still missing.

- For me, notification sound and media sounds were linked. I couldn't listen to music while keeping my phone is silent mode.

- Not a bug, but I couldn't share a screenshot right from the notification drawer. That's annoying. I also missed the screenshots for apps if I want to switch of kill apps. A settings button in both, notification and toggle section would be nice. If for some development related reason, Samsung's popup browser can't be integrated, Play store's alternative, Popup browser beta should be made to work. It doesn't.

ROM is still have lots of bugs. It's beautiful and smooth, generally, battery life was pretty good for me, but crippling bugs made me uninstall it. I will, however, make it a point to keep trying new ROMs. If possible, please post if some of the bugs get corrected in future iterations. Thanks.

I can live with a rom that is still under construction. Normally you see more and more bugs crushed with every new release. MIUI is different. A lot of annoying (not serious) bugs just don't get solved over a period of many..many months. It's the hard work of MIUIANDROID that makes me installing a new version every week. It feels like MIUI is making an open source closed. You don't know where to report bugs and reading comments of other users it doesn't matter if you report bugs, the only answer is a deafening silence and bugs you reported remain unsolved. this increasing frustration makes me lose interest in MIUI with every weekly release.

From a business point of view I can understand them. The Chinese market is huge and entering that market means a awful lot of work and resources. If that's the case they should be fair to the international user by telling that their home market has top priority and all international versions are just "by-produts" without official support. But, selling the MI devices international and asking international developers to sell their titles on MIUI market they are communicating the opposite..very confusing.

Could you please fix the S Pen screen capture bug.

S+Pen+Capture+screen.png

It does not work.