Locked Bootloader, Do Have Fastboot, Cant Get Into Edl To Flash...

Archolm

Members
Oct 11, 2016
Anyone can help me I botched a weekly update and now when turned on the phone shows the mi logo but then just as suddenly turns off. I have used a wired cable to get it into fastboot but when I try to flash the lattest stable version i get the error flash tz error. This is most likely due to the bootloader being locked, but I can't find a way to get into edl mode to flash anyhow.

Anyone have suggestions?

Hi!I repair my redmi 3s with this mode.
You Must open phone back side like on (picture) to put shortcut to this two point.
After that reconect USB cable and look on your PC device menager driver is change 900E to 9008 then phone is in EDL mode,after reconect USB remoove short cut!Phone is stay in EDL mode!
If driver is not change try to upgrade driver over internet!
Newer flash tool is not work for me (Win7)
I use this MiFlashSetup-Beta.Use fastboot flash file LAND for this phone !
Flash is very long time 50-70minute
Sometime EDL mode is work only without battery!Disconect it!If phone is always restarting without battery then connect it back!
I hope help you!
Sorry for my english!

Attachments

• redmi 3s edl mode with battery or without battery.PNG
    redmi 3s edl mode with battery or without battery.PNG
    664.2 KB · Views: 8,886
Error tz is usually because wrong drivers or incorrect flashtool, if your getting tired of trying different combo's the edl from bertarobert should work

Sent from my Redmi 3S

I have the backcover off, trying to shorten the points and reboot but so far nothing. In device manager it goes from 900E to just generic Android. 9008 does not show. Anyone have any ideas? Tried reinstalling the drivers from the Xiaomi flash tool.

Well... your method did not work. However, I have noticed a few threads down a lastditch effort cable and I'm succesfully in EDL and downloading the global rom at the moment. After that reapply for a xiaomi unlock code and then were off again to eu weekly :D

Edit: Nevermind, stuck on hello packet problems. Ill see what I can do tomorrow.

Last edited: