Locked phone

barkhausen

Members
Jan 12, 2019
Hi ,
I did a factory reset on my Redmi Note 4 -global edition and after reboot it requested a password to verify the cloud account.I cannot remember the account password and am now locked out .

Phone has a mido version 8 os installed.

I tried a few tricks but nothing works and now want to know if there is a way to flash a standard android rom from a pc that will delete the installed rom.

I am not worried about a cloud account ,security or warranty issue.

I sent a mail to Mi requesting help and was told to send screen shots of certain info on phone.

The problem is the phone is locked .

Can any one advise or a way to solve this problem officially or unofficially.

Comments and help will be much appreciated.

TIA

If you have some other Xiaomi phone registered to the same account, you can access your account from it, and even remotely remove the Redmi Note 4 from your account.

If you don't, you have a serious problem.

If the bootloader is unlocked, you can probably flash some AOSP ROM that does not look at your Mi account.

Hi Cobben,

Thanx for reply.

Phone is boot locked and I do not have a second xioami phone .

Phone only boots and gets stuck at enter password which I dont know .Cant connect to internet or use any other function on part.

Is there not a way to flash a bootloader unlock via a pc and then flash a android rom.

TIA

Hi Cobben,

Thanx for reply.

Phone is boot locked and I do not have a second xioami phone .

Phone only boots and gets stuck at enter password which I dont know .Cant connect to internet or use any other function on part.

Is there not a way to flash a bootloader unlock via a pc and then flash a android rom.

TIA

Not as far as I know.
A Xiaomi official service center can do this, if you provide proof that the phone really is yours.

Your best bet otherwise is to convince Xiaomi support that the Mi Account really is yours, so they help you reset the password.
Then you can access the phone.

Edit:

I assumed that the password you referred to is for your Mi Account, not something else, like a Google account or a pin code?

Last edited: