lockscreen date and time misplaced

electricblue

Members
Feb 6, 2011
Hello all...I am SUPER NEW at the whole root and flashing of roms business, actually I am new to the whole android experience, but I used to have a jailbroken iphone- so modding isnt totally foreign to me, I just learn as i go like most...ANYWAY...I just flashed the latest MIUI rom to my phone, everything is ok except on the lockscreen the date and time will not stay in place. the very first time my phone boots to the lockscreen everything is fine, but as soon as I lock the phone and wake it back up the date and time are not in the correct place...does anyone know how to fix this?

htc evo

Hello all...I am SUPER NEW at the whole root and flashing of roms business, actually I am new to the whole android experience, but I used to have a jailbroken iphone- so modding isnt totally foreign to me, I just learn as i go like most...ANYWAY...I just flashed the latest MIUI rom to my phone, everything is ok except on the lockscreen the date and time will not stay in place. the very first time my phone boots to the lockscreen everything is fine, but as soon as I lock the phone and wake it back up the date and time are not in the correct place...does anyone know how to fix this?

htc evo

Can you post screenshots of this (press menu + volume down at the same time)? Are you using any themes? Did you do a complete wipe of data, cache, dalvik cache when you flashed MIUI? Not doing a complete wipe is the only reason I can think of for this.

you were absolutely right! apparently I didnt wipe COMPLETELY when I originanally flashed the ROM. So I "re-wiped" and now everything is perfect. Thank you!!

update! omg! i spoke too soon!! everything WAS perfect, then i ran the miui backup and BAM my lockscreen screwed up!! i will post a pic in a few minutes. I have not used any themes or done any mods, just the stock MIUI rom 1.24

I hate to make you reflash over and over, but one last time, please? With this: http://www.mediafire.com/?ikylelx99c49133

Flash that AFTER you wipe and BEFORE you flash MIUI. That will get rid of any bits that may have been missed by a normal wipe. If you still have the problem, we know it's not bad wiping.

If this doesn't work, I'd say it's one of your apps since it started again after you restored them.

thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it. I reflashed and this time I did not use any backup to load my apps- and everything is fine...so my best guess is that it is an app that I had originally used. I am adding one at a time to see which one doing it.

I have another issue, if you could be so kind... i am using miui 1.24, and when I use a theme, everything themes except my stock messaging app- everything else with it seems to work fine, but it will not theme. plus mine looks different then ones that I have seen pics of here, mine does not have to tab at the bottom that says "recommend" or something??

Looks like this, right?

180e3d6a-413f-3601.jpg
180e3d6a-4147-fed3.jpg

I haven't found a theme that themes it correctly, either. I think MarkHUK changed stuff in it that breaks themes. It's been like that for a couple weeks now.

Edit: I stand corrected. KommyDroid's new theme will theme SMS. There's a screenshot of it in his thread. The current version doesn't theme it, but it's coming.