Mac Unlock To Install Eu Version

alanalan

Members
Jun 20, 2016
Does anyone have simple step by step advice on how I can unlock install the eu (non chinese bloatware) version of the rom through a mac? I have the code for unlocking the bootloader and have access to the phone through android file transfer.

Thank you

i would suggest you find one with a windows computer, will be faster before getting an answer in here if its possible through a mac :) sorry. :/

Bootcamp is most perfect way in my opinion also virtual box is good. So if you don't want to mess with bootcamp go on with virtual machine !

Yes it s possible but probably a lot easier on a regular PC.
I tried with virtual box but it didn't work. Yet I got it working with parallels desktop.

Thank you all for your replies and sorry for the delay in replying. I am beginning to think that a windows pc might be easiest to start with. Then I'll see and report back. Thanks again.

Well the Xiaomi PC Suite doesn't seem to work through VMWare Fusion. The device isn't recognized even with USB debugging enabled. I will try with virtual box and extension pack. Kind of annoying.

I couldn't get virtual box to work. Very strange, with VM I managed to get photos off the phone with a USB cable, but the pc suite doesn't recognize that the phone is connected for the purpose of using the unlock tool. Again, kind of annoying.

You need to connect USB device(s) manually to virtual machine and install drivers inside VM. Windows 7 is best guest OS because unsigned drivers are easy to install.

screenshot

Last edited:
Previously I had tried to unlock after getting permission, via Mac. The MI5 was not recognised and I thought it was a problem with using emulation software on a mac. Now I have a windows PC with PC suite installed. I have the most recent USB 3 drivers installed, and the phone is set up for USB debugging and the USB port on the phone is set up to allow file transfer and not just recharging. And once I am in Fastboot mode the phone is still not recognized by PC suite.

So even with the official PC suite I can't unlock.