Magisk and fingerprint (Note 7)

L0laapk3

Members
Aug 6, 2020
Hi there!

I've been using a note 7 for a while now, on global rom (11) and xiaomi.eu rom (11) with magisk. I've never had any problems with the fingerprint sensor.

However since I switched to xiaomi.eu miui 12 rom, with magisk, the fingerprint sensor will not work anymore. In the settings it does not register my finger (as if I didn't touch the fingerprint sensor at all). In the CIT menu, the fingerprint self test function just crashes the CIT app.

This only happens with magisk, when I go back to a clean xiaomi.eu 12 rom without magisk, the fingerprint sensor works correctly. I've tried both latest stable (12.0.1.0) and weekly (20.7.30) roms. After flashing magisk again, fingerprint stops working again.

I've tried looking in logcat but was unable to find any related error messages.

On the xiaomi.eu 12 download page, it mentions the following:
For ROOT install Magisk (may cause lags and fingerprint issue)
I've been unable to find more information about why this is mentioned here or what this is referencing to. Is what I am experiencing these fingerprint issues? What is the workaround? I find it hard to believe that everyone who is using xiaomi.eu miui 12 rom with root gave up their fingerprint sensor.

Thanks in advance!

I use the latest Eu Rom on the note 7 including magisk. No problem adding new fingerprints.

I've tried a few more times, including flashing the most recent official rom to have all the firmware updated first, however did this not result in success unfortunately. Any tips to debug this are welcome.

I use magisk 20.4.
Did you try formatting data partition. Install latest Rom. Do not restart but flash Magisk 20.4 immediately after Rom. Then reboot to system.
In magisk I use the systemless mode