New Mail app - no notification

spartanul07

Members
Mar 28, 2012
The mai app has a problem receiving notification of new mails.i am curious if anyone has this issue also. my app doesn`t send me any notification of new mail, even if i tried to change the refresh interval... it only makes refresh when i enter the mail app. (the miui stock)

On which device are you? On my SGS2 it works fine. However, if I kill the app by holding the back key, it terminates all background services as well and then I won't get any notifications.

hey guys, i just did a full wipe, clear cache, battery, everything.. my miui mail app is just not sending automatically new mail notification.. i tried to modify the checking interval for new mail.. but no result.. please help... SGS2 with the latest miui version 2.6.15

Like I said, it works fine.. But to make sure.. Have you checked your autosynch settings? Your mailaccount should be listed there en synch must be on auto...

Like I said, it works fine.. But to make sure.. Have you checked your autosynch settings? Your mailaccount should be listed there en synch must be on auto...

thx a lot man, that was it... the autosync was turned off (to increase the battery life :D), and now it works just fine. thanks again.
PS: this thread can be closed now :D

Hi, my Mail app has the same problem even with autosync ... I have a SGS2 too with MIUI 2.9.21. Worked fine on Pure ICS rom for months. I need these notifications for my job ...

That shouldn't be a problem, there were never any issues with that. By default Miui hides all notifications, check there first (notification settings). Also, check your mail app settings