Market freeze and reboot phone

TheWierd

Members
Aug 19, 2011
Lets say I got an update for Go Launcher EX.
I go to it's market site on my SGS2 and as I try scrolling down It just freeze.
I can't do anything and after ca 10sec it reboots..
Been happening since the last 2-3 updates of Miui.

Very annoying! Input?

Same problem here.. Noticed that with miui v1.12.16 too... There are some solutions, please?? Other things are working well!!

I reported on last version, but I have no problems with market apparently was a problem in flash .....

Try reinstalling the flash player and see if it helps, I'm at 23 and not have problems ...

Hugs!
cya "

Lets say I got an update for Go Launcher EX.
I go to it's market site on my SGS2 and as I try scrolling down It just freeze.
I can't do anything and after ca 10sec it reboots..
Been happening since the last 2-3 updates of Miui.

Very annoying! Input?

I have the exact same problem, its quite annoying!!

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

It's not the flash player. Tried it. And it have nothing to do with market except that you get it from there.....

Same problem here. MIUI 1.12.23 (and .30 version reported) have this issue on SGS2. I don't know if it's got broken with MIUI weekly update or Market App update itself (current version 3.4.4). You can replicate this bug while browsing the Market. After a while it will freeze, reboot and drain some battery. Needs to be reported and fixed!

In my experience it does seem to work if you wait until the program site you are on i market is loaded. Try to wait and move down SMOOTH. No reboot since I started doing it.
It ONLY freeze inside a programs site, never anywhere else. Same for you guys/gals?

Somehow the Market App v.3.4.4 is b***ed on MIUI. Downgrading to earlier version solves the problem (for now) - tested myself - no reboots since using the earlier version of Market App.

I did a factory reset and still problem with Market.
I'll just stop browsing market and only update on it.
I have only experienced freezing as i scroll up or down fast.
If I wanna browse market I can use market.android.com :D

BUT I hope they fix it soon....

Bugs to be addressed:

1. Running version 2.1.6 on galaxy s2 the market gets stuck sometimes when browsing descriptions, screen stays on cannot access any hardware buttons and phone does not reboot either only method is to take out the battery and restart again i have found no solution to this problem and this is a ongoing problem in miui. The problem is it does not happen every time but once every 2-3 days it does happen and i have to take out the battery.

2. Battery drain is 1% every 1 minute while screen is on, set on auto brightness however i managed to lessen the battery drain with set cpu app by lowering the frequencies and applying certain profiles to meet my requirement and it worked so now i have less battery drain but i believe the kernel needs improvement and better management of battery life overall.

Also there is only solution to the market which i have found that actually works, downgrade the market to 2.3.6 and then immediately in the terminal emulator app putting in the commands, as shown here http://www.chlankboot.com/blog/disabling-android-market-update

It does work but its not a good solution because you will be stuck on the old market version and this market version works very well in miui roms thats the only working fix there is unless anyone knows of a better solution downgrading to anything higher the 2.3.6 does not work even if u freeze the updator in TB or disable it in TE only this version works and you can probably get the apk for 2.3.6 somewhere on the net.

I have similar problem .. currently on version 2.1.20

just stuck in market without reboot .. so I have to shutdown my SG2 and restart it again to make my day.
if this is a bug, it must be work on it fast because it's most important than other fixes, and if it's not, then please tell me what's my problem!

I have this problem too, freezing on market when scrolling through screenshots, phone re- boots but with massive battery drain sometimes up to 50%.

Carl.

Bugs to be addressed:

1. Running version 2.1.6 on galaxy s2 the market gets stuck sometimes when browsing descriptions, screen stays on cannot access any hardware buttons and phone does not reboot either only method is to take out the battery and restart again i have found no solution to this problem and this is a ongoing problem in miui. The problem is it does not happen every time but once every 2-3 days it does happen and i have to take out the battery.

Also there is only solution to the market which i have found that actually works, downgrade the market to 2.3.6 and then immediately in the terminal emulator app putting in the commands, as shown here http://www.chlankboot.com/blog/disabling-android-market-update

I tried to disable updates but if I open the market it updates itself anyway. I also tried freezing market updater with titanium or renaming it but it doesn't help

Here I have posted the Market freeze / reboot fix for MIUI (and other AOSP based ROMs):

Click!

Works on SGS2 and should work on any other devices if the newest Market App is problematic.

Enjoy