Massively frustrated 10 ultra user

Bobbobbob

Members
Feb 19, 2021
So I love my 10 ultra

But for miui, the notification issue is bad enough

But my bank apps don't work I've tried rooting and then using magisk hide, doesn't work, ife tried just using the EU Rom, doesn't work and they won't work on the Chinese rom

Does anyone have any idea how to help before I sell it, please.

So I love my 10 ultra

But for miui, the notification issue is bad enough

But my bank apps don't work I've tried rooting and then using magisk hide, doesn't work, ife tried just using the EU Rom, doesn't work and they won't work on the Chinese rom

Does anyone have any idea how to help before I sell it, please.
Did you try the obvious things? Are you passing safetynet? Did you hide magisk manager? Delete twrp folder?
Link to the bank app?

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you don't root and just use the latest weekly, then it will work. Safety net passes, gpay works, so do the bank apps. It does seem that those who try to get around problems that are no longer there have more issues. With the latest ROM working, I would take a hit, format data, flash the latest ROM, format again and then try with no magisk, no root, no nothing extra. Then if you have problems, sell it but at least try first, you'll have to format before selling anyway.

But before you start, let everyone know what apps you need to work. We can then confirm if they work or not with what ROM version, stable or Weekly and version numbers. I can say for sure that using latest weekly, my Lloyds Bank, Creation card and GPay works with no extras, just the latest ROM.

I've tried using none root and weekly tons and if I factory reset my bank (coop) works for a few hours before refusing to work saying about security issues, without root gpay doesn't work either

Rom is 21.2.3

Thanks all

So you are on the most recent weekly. This means that safety net passes. Have you tested the safety net to ensure any damage to you ROM is not affecting it? See attached screenshot to show this ROM passes.
If yours doesn't, then you need to format your phone. As I said, if you are going to sell it anyway, what have you got to loose.

Back up your data but do not restore any untill you can see that the Coop bank app and GPay works.
Download the most recent ROM from links here... https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322708 or from this forums link here... https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/21-2-3-4.59832/ and save it to your phone or otg usb stick.
Reboot to twrp, install downloaded ROM, then instead of just wiping, go to wipe menu, format data and confirm by typing yes. If you don't get to a confirmation question, you are not in the right menu. You must format, not just wipe.
Now go through phone set up and once done, just download the safety net tester to check again that it is working, then only download the coop app and GPay app, nothing else. You can now check that they work before downloading the other apps. If they do work at this stage, be careful if restoring data as something in it may be limiting these apps. I would be very surprised if they don't work now. I know it's a pain but you have nothing to lose other than half hour of your life. Let us know how you get on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-21-09-30-43-489_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-21-09-30-43-489_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: Poney70