Invalid Max 3 messages keeps stopping crash since miui 11

choystudio

Members
Jul 10, 2019
after upgrade to miui 11 stable
the sms messages keeps stopping , crash
tried several different apps, as long as it's none sms messages related, the app works fine
once i try to use the sms message function. it will crash.
can't use txt message at all
tried clear cache or restart. not working.

help!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-02-18-20-47-402_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-02-18-20-47-402_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot_2019-12-02-18-20-55-472_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-02-18-20-55-472_com.miui.home.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 342
Seems like you have performed a dirty flash (without data wipe), and your previous ROM presumably was not stable, but a beta MIUI version – this is when the error of database downgrade usually occurs.

You should make a clean flash (with wipes of data, system, cache and dalvik), and everything will be all right. Don't forget to make backups and save important data before doing it.

P.S. I had exactly the same situation when I flashed 11.0.3.0 stable on my Redmi 5 Plus after 9.9.26 beta without data wipe, and after a clean install the message app crash disappeared.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: choystudio
Seems like you have performed a dirty flash (without data wipe), and your previous ROM presumably was not stable, but a beta MIUI version – this is when the error of database downgrade usually occurs.

You should make a clean flash (with wipes of data, system, cache and dalvik), and everything will be all right. Don't forget to make backups and save important data before doing it.

P.S. I had exactly the same situation when I flashed 11.0.3.0 stable on my Redmi 5 Plus after 9.9.26 beta without data wipe, and after a clean install the message app crash disappeared.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Thank you so much :)
you're right, did a clean install and everything's ok now.

Reactions: rvk220