Mi 10 Lite / Youth Edition (Lite Zoom)

Hi, am new here and hoping someone can assist. I ordered a Mi 10 Lite global version and the seller sent me the mi 10 lite zoom (youth) edition. Which I am not too worried about as it has a better camera but the problem is they loaded the standard lite version global software to the device and now the cameras dont work. Reading here is seems they loaded the monet rom rather than the vangogh rom. By the sounds of it I should be able to follow the instructions here and load the xiaomi eu rom to fix this? My only concern was things like banking apps etc not working correctly, but seems the eu rom here should sort that as well?

Thanks, am very new to this and not really familiar with flashing software etc and scared of bricking the device :(

Hi, am new here and hoping someone can assist. I ordered a Mi 10 Lite global version and the seller sent me the mi 10 lite zoom (youth) edition. Which I am not too worried about as it has a better camera but the problem is they loaded the standard lite version global software to the device and now the cameras dont work. Reading here is seems they loaded the monet rom rather than the vangogh rom. By the sounds of it I should be able to follow the instructions here and load the xiaomi eu rom to fix this? My only concern was things like banking apps etc not working correctly, but seems the eu rom here should sort that as well?

Thanks, am very new to this and not really familiar with flashing software etc and scared of bricking the device :(

you can use service test mode to check your camera hardware has problem or not

click setting --> my device --> all spec -->click kernel version 5 times

or clear data and cache about camera app

Reactions: AndyRyanSA
you can use service test mode to check your camera hardware has problem or not

click setting --> my device --> all spec -->click kernel version 5 times

or clear data and cache about camera app

Thanks did the test, and the main camera passes, as well as ultra wide, it is a the macro and depth that fail. Obviously there is no depth on the lite zoom and the macro is maybe a different type in this one, not sure. I see the firmware version installed on the device is v12.0.3.0.QJIEUXM which I believe is Monet and mine is definitely the lite zoom as it says 50x on the camera at the back.

Images attached

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 215
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 151
check your phone box is black or kid screen
if black is mi 10 lite 5G
if kid screen is mi 10 youth ( lite zoom )

Thanks, it came like that from the supplier, they loaded the wrong firmware. That's what I thought I need to do. If I load the eu firmware on will all banking apps etc still work fine? And are you able to lock the bootloader again with the eu rom?

Thanks again for the asistance

Thanks, it came like that from the supplier, they loaded the wrong firmware. That's what I thought I need to do. If I load the eu firmware on will all banking apps etc still work fine? And are you able to lock the bootloader again with the eu rom?

Thanks again for the asistance

use this method https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-12-0-stable-release.56191/ for unlock

if you unlock but no root you can use banking app normally

but i unlock and rooted hahaha

Reactions: AndyRyanSA
i am installing the .EU ROM now and have high hopes.

the update broke my google framework that.i had installed on the Chinese ROM so this seems the best way forward.

good luck.