Mi 10 Lite Zoom: avoiding chinese

arealvel

Members
Feb 16, 2021
Hi, I'm not an expert on ROMs and smartphones. I'd like to have orientation.

I own a Mi 10 Lite Zoom, which is a gift from a chinese friend. I live in Italy and I am not Chinese. I'd like to use it but I'm annoyed from chinese messages appearing here and there, difficulty to install google things and so on.

I was trying to change Chinese ROM to global ROM or EEA ROM but I've learned that there is no more official ROM than the Chinese ROM.

I've unlocked the phone with the normal procedure and I've tried to flash xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10LiteZoom_21.2.4_v12-11.zip using XioamiTool V2. But it says that it is not accepted an unofficial ROM.

My question is what my options are. I mean should I try to install xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10LiteZoom_21.2.4_v12-11.zip in other ways? I need to install before TWPR? Is there a better option? No options? As I said I am not an expert and all this area is quite confusing.

Hello,

First, you need to unlock the bootloader of your device (if not already done). ;)

Then, because I don't know about XiaomiTool V2, you should use fastboot commands.

0) Check this => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...m-rom-and-installing-magisk.56180/post-562896

1) Download and install this TWRP for your device (fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1208-XIAOMI10LITE-CN-wzsx150.img)
=> https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145679761

2) On your device: Hold ' Vol + ' and ' Power ' buttons simultaneously until you see the TWRP splash screen

3) in TWRP: Use the "Format Data" button in "Wipe" menu > Type 'yes' to confirm it

4) in TWRP: Go in "Reboot" menu > "Recovery"

5) After TWRP reboot, you can tranfert the ROM (zip file) in your device then install it

6) After ROM installation: Reboot ("Reboot" menu > "System")

7) Wait up-to 15 minutes for the first boot then configure your device (IMPORTANT: Do NOT restore 'Settings' from your Google Cloud backup!)

8) Have fun on xiaomi.eu ROM!

:)

Last edited:
I've found some problems.

I can boot to twpr and do steps 3 and 4. I also see in my laptop the internal storage of the phone (appears without any data), but when I try to transfer the ROM (step 5) the copy is not done.

Also if I want to enter again into twpr I've to repeat all the cmd commands (but perhaps this is ok).

Any suggestions?

I can boot to twpr and do steps 3 and 4. I also see in my laptop the internal storage of the phone (appears without any data), but when I try to transfer the ROM (step 5) the copy is not done.

Also if I want to enter again into twpr I've to repeat all the cmd commands (but perhaps this is ok).

Any suggestions?
* I call TWRP dev ( @geoanto555 ) if he knows for a fix about that issue * :)

I updated my previous post, try again with another TWRP (chinese one). ;)

Reactions: geoanto555
I really can not understand what is happening.
This problem exists only in official roms..
Ιn this case we suggest copying the rom to the sdcard or OTG

• Sad
Reactions: Poney70

Any suggestions?

Hi arealvel, I've encountered the same issue as you that I could not copy anything into the internal storage from the PC via the cable. Finally I have to copy the zip file into a USB drive and then copy it from the OTG device into the internal storage via TWRP (I'm not sure whether this step is required or we can install the ROM from OTG drive directly, but I thought it should be much safer in case there is any connection problem for the OTG USB drive). Then I can install the Xiaomi.EU ROM smoothly.

Just for your information~

P.S. Xiaomi.EU ROM is really good and you'll find you have a brand new phone after you install it~

Reactions: geoanto555
Thank you all and specially Poney70. Your orientations have been priceless.

The chinese TWRP solved the problem. I could copy and everything went smoothly.
(for geoanto555: I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem but I red in your TWRT terminal something like "can't decrypt FSB" or something similar: i don't remember precisely...)

The Rom is now installed and all seems working.

Does this ROM receive any type of updates?

Thank you again.