Mi 10 Ultra not switch ON.........

andrzej220479

Members
Apr 15, 2021
Hi everyone! I have a strange situation... I have unlocked the phone following all instructions - loaded TWRP, changed file system and installed custom MIUI V12.0.10.0 QJJCHXM. After that everything worked perfectly. One day I decided to update ROM to version 12.11. File was downloaded and saved to USB stick. I have plugged it into the phone and clicked to update system on the special folder installed by ROM creator for it. It proposed me to update MIUI by the TWRP without lost all info in device. I just wanted to try and pressed OK. Phone is rebooted and automatically gone to TWRP mode, where it's proposed to put device password to save the info. I have cancel this, but after it started updating process without any cancelation options. I remove USB stick very fast ( in several seconds ) to stop the process. TWRP again gone to the main page with several proposals - like regular mode. I have chosen bottom to SWITCH OFF device. It was OFF, and now I can't ON it at all. It's completely black screen, not showing charge when connected by cable, not going to any mode with power bottom and UP or DOWN volume bottoms too. Does anyone have any idea what to do? Or it's already BRICK???? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Try holding power and vol-up button for several seconds, phone should go into fastboot then.
If it does you're fine. If not.... hmmm...

power and vol-up was a brain fart on my side: its power and vol-down held for 10+ seconds
2 more things:
does it vibrate if you press and hold power?
does your pc recognize your phone via usb?

power and vol-up was a brain fart on my side: its power and vol-down held for 10+ seconds
2 more things:
does it vibrate if you press and hold power?
does your pc recognize your phone via usb?
Yes, hold 10+ seconds ( up to 5 minutes sometimes ), no vibration, not recognised by PC by any program like a MiFlash or recovery.....

Sorry to say, but nothing really strange here. It should come as no surprise the phone is likely to get bricked when you rip out the USB cable whilst the phone is flashing it's firmware. Do not ever interrupt when it's flashing... do not power down or disconnect the USB memory or anything like that... It's like disconnecting the steering wheel whilst driving on a freeway - a major crash is then likely to happen.

You'll need to find someone that may be able to access diag mode on the qualcomm chipset. Someone licensed to do xiaomi repairs could probably do this. My guess is that's your best bet.

Sorry to say, but nothing really strange here. It should come as no surprise the phone is likely to get bricked when you rip out the USB cable whilst the phone is flashing it's firmware. Do not ever interrupt when it's flashing... do not power down or disconnect the USB memory or anything like that... It's like disconnecting the steering wheel whilst driving on a freeway - a major crash is then likely to happen.

You'll need to find someone that may be able to access diag mode on the qualcomm chipset. Someone licensed to do xiaomi repairs could probably do this. My guess is that's your best bet.
Thank you "Appelsap", I'll try to send it to China...