Mi 10 Ultra Notifications No sound & Not working

Shield84

Members
Jan 1, 2021
Hi

New to all this

I'm having issues with notifications with the mi10 ultra I have recently upgraded the rom to xiaomi.eu 12 beta and tested with a app that wasn't working before on the chinese rom, this was working fine until I did an update last night to 12.5 xiaomi.eu 20.12.29 now I don't know if it was the update that caused the problem as I was still receiving notifications but with no sound and now i have been a adjusting the settings I don't get any notifications just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Thanks

Last edited:
Make sure you have allowed notification sound for the app in question.
(settings -> notifications & control center -> app notifications -> your app -> enable both Allow playing sound and Allow vibration)

Thanks for your reply all has been enabled and set to no restrictions on the battery im just wondering on the process how I installed the update I went into the updater app let the update download then it installed automatically is this correct?

Sound issues would never cause just notification issues.
First reboot, then go control panel and make sure any end settings are off, all volume levels are up and then test playing music, if ok, then go back and set all notification settings again, set different to test. The 12.5 sound setting pages are quiet confusing at first look.

The sound works on the phone I have tried everything regarding sound notifications and email doesnt make a sound just vibrate is it worth reinstalling the 12.5 eu rom?

Looks like your only choice if you are sure you have no notification levels set to zero or do not disturb active or on a schedule or even no sound set. You will not hurt it but make sure you wipe dalvik and cache, not format or even just go to twrp and wipe them, reboot and try that before re-flash.

Yeah I have spent hours going through most apps checking they are correct some come through but with no sound just to clarify I will download the 12.5 eu rom onto to my pc then copy the file onto the phone and install through twrp as a zip file is this the correct process? Appreciate your help

Sorry for the delay, yes. Once on your phone, go to recovery, select install, select .zip file, install then wipe dalvik and cache only, no format. Reboot to system. First boot will be very slow as you have just wiped cache.

Having same issue on mi 10 ultra, 12.6 21.12.8 Weekly. I keep setting individual app notification sounds correctly:
App Info-Notifications (yes)-Allow playing sound/vibration-Sound-Choose Local Ringtone-Sounds
Then from there it keeps being set to 'none'.
When I change it, all that happens is it puts a number after the tone involved (some of them are upto *_5 now!) and that works once or twice, but then it goes back to 'none' after some time and I have to search again, and that then justs adds another number to the file!
I'm wondering if I should try root my phone and then try and move my notification tones somewhere with the system ones. Beginning to bug me now, so much so that I may have to bin the phone off!

Still have this issue (22.1.13 Beta). I have attached screenshots for one of the affected apps - Messenger Lite - so can see that as far as I can tell, all settings are correct until the last setting appears to change to "none" after a while. Puzzling me now.
This also happens on other apps, but not all. I've also tried all the setting with the actual notification sounds option within the actual apps set, or set to none too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-19-12-46-23-198_com.google.android.soundpicker.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-19-12-46-23-198_com.google.android.soundpicker.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot_2022-01-19-12-46-51-315_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-19-12-46-51-315_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot_2022-01-19-12-47-13-554_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-19-12-47-13-554_com.android.settings.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_2022-01-19-12-47-34-875_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-19-12-47-34-875_com.android.settings.jpg