Mi 10 Ultra Stable - Android 11 ???

Mar 19, 2017
Is there any version of the stable rom that is based on the Android 11? I am on the weekly now, but I would like to downgrade to the stable version if there is any version of the stable version based on the Android 11. Thanks in advance.

Why did you want to downgrade?

I am thinking of going from stable to weekly, but I'm not sure. Given that you have had some experience with the weekly, could you tell me what made you change?

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

Also, just to confirm... If I finally decide to get the weekly, do I have to wipe everything? I've read that with upgrades it is not necessary.

Why did you want to downgrade?

I am thinking of going from stable to weekly, but I'm not sure. Given that you have had some experience with the weekly, could you tell me what made you change?

Stable version has less bugs. With the weekly you have the advantage of new features, but they come with a price (bugs). I really don't know what to say regarding wiping everything. I am still on weekly. I am not really decided to make the move.

Stable version has less bugs. With the weekly you have the advantage of new features, but they come with a price (bugs). I really don't know what to say regarding wiping everything. I am still on weekly. I am not really decided to make the move.
What type of bugs, for example? Sorry to bother.

If you've found new bugs, then put them in the bugs thread so they can be checked and fixed if they can or report them to Xiaomi devs if they are on stock ROMs. Some problems known or not, if they are on the stock Chinese weekly or stable, then they will be carried to these as they are based on them. Unfortunately if you want a bug free version, then you will have to put up with Chinese released ROMs and all that they bring. Of course you could go down the pixel experience ROM route if you want something different but I think they are based on the EU versions, so they may carry your issues to their ROM too.

Also, just to confirm... If I finally decide to get the weekly, do I have to wipe everything? I've read that with upgrades it is not necessary.

If going from stable -> weekly or weekly -> stable, you need a full wipe.

Reactions: jfsantoya
And obviously if you are coming or going to stock, a format is mandatory. In fact any ROM branch change needs a format due to possible partition differences between them.

If going from stable -> weekly or weekly -> stable, you need a full wipe.
Weekly -> stable is a downgrade, so wipe is of course necessary.
But stable -> weekly could theoretically work with just a dirty flash, right?

NO you need formatting data in both
You don't need to format data, just wipe it.

I was just wondering about the stable -> weekly switch, as that seems like an upgrade.
If you know for a fact, that dirty flashing in that situation will soft brick your device, then that's it. I do know that going from weekly -> stable will.

Hi Guys, I own a Mi10 ultra and when i try to update to the latest firmware I get a "cannot verify the source" message. See attached. Does anyone else have the same problem? Any solution you can suggest?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-03-14-39-58-776_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-03-14-39-58-776_com.android.updater.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 123
You are trying update a Chinese ROM from outside China. Use a VPN with a Chinese server to fake that you are there and it will download. It's them trying to restrict the phones use outside the intended area.

You don't need to format data, just wipe it.

I was just wondering about the stable -> weekly switch, as that seems like an upgrade.
If you know for a fact, that dirty flashing in that situation will soft brick your device, then that's it. I do know that going from weekly -> stable will.
What is the difference between formatting data and just wiping it? How do you do each?

Data wipe only wipes your cache and dalvik, you do this every update, format clears everything back to unused phone where it needs to be set up.
You must format in branch changes as the different ROM branches may use different partition sizes and old data can remain and corrupt the new layout, hence things not working properly. See attached screenshot for format in twrp.

Attachments

• IMG_20201012_100847.jpg
    IMG_20201012_100847.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 122
What is the difference between formatting data and just wiping it? How do you do each?

When you update, it is the option in twrp that appears after the update is done. You just swipe to clear dalvik and cache. If you go in to the wipe menu, you will find the format button and you have to type yes to confirm the action.

You are trying update a Chinese ROM from outside China. Use a VPN with a Chinese server to fake that you are there and it will download. It's them trying to restrict the phones use outside the intended area.
Thanks a lot mate that seemed to be the issue.