New Mi 10T Pro - Experience after flashing the ROM

Dorisnov

Members
Jun 19, 2018
Hi everyone!

I've flashed the apollo ROM in my Mi 10T Pro and everything looks to work well except for 2 things: Camera and Safetynet.

Camera:
  • The app takes back camera as a front camera and the other way around: For example with panoramic photos the large panoramic is with front camera and the selfie panoramic with back camera (This also makes photos be like mirrored). Telegram or Whatsapp use the correct camera for in-app photos but quality still bad.
  • There is no macro option.
  • Taking a photo with the back camera makes the app crash. The photo is taken but with poor quality.
  • Taking a photo with the front camera also makes the app crash, but this time photo is not taken.
  • 108mp and Pro modes crash instantly.
Safetynet
  • Safetynet is not passing due to ctsProfile failing. I've also flashed a patched magisk boot.img to test and still failing.
Selfie camera:
  • In EEA ROM the camera notch is all inside the status bar, but with EU ROM the notch is also over the status bar.
Also I've noticed the screen refresh rate drops from 144Hz. I've tested in settings menu, where it should work.

I'll keep on testing the ROM for today, so I can add everything I can. If this post is not allowed to be here, sorry for the inconvenience. If there is no plans to give suport to Mi 10T Pro would be nice to know so I can go back to EEA.

Thanks for your work.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I've flashed the apollo ROM in my Mi 10T Pro and everything looks to work well except for 2 things: Camera and Safetynet.

Camera:
  • The app takes back camera as a front camera and the other way around: For example with panoramic photos the large panoramic is with front camera and the selfie panoramic with back camera (This also makes photos be like mirrored). Telegram or Whatsapp use the correct camera for in-app photos but quality still bad.
  • There is no macro option.
  • Taking a photo with the back camera makes the app crash. The photo is taken but with poor quality.
  • Taking a photo with the front camera also makes the app crash, but this time photo is not taken.
  • 108mp and Pro modes crash instantly.
Safetynet
  • Safetynet is not passing due to ctsProfile failing. I've also flashed a patched magisk boot.img to test and still failing.
Selfie camera:
  • In EEA ROM the camera notch is all inside the status bar, but with EU ROM the notch is also over the status bar.
Also I've noticed the screen refresh rate drops from 144Hz. I've tested in settings menu, where it should work.

I'll keep on testing the ROM for today, so I can add everything I can. If this post is not allowed to be here, sorry for the inconvenience. If there is no plans to give suport to Mi 10T Pro would be nice to know so I can go back to EEA.

Thanks for your work.
Hi ther! How did you install the rom? I can´t find TWRP for this model. Thanks in advance. Kind regards.

Hi ther! How did you install the rom? I can´t find TWRP for this model. Thanks in advance. Kind regards.

You can follow the link below. There's a fastboot version available but requires unlocked bootloader. Note of the camera bugs mention on this thread tho before flashing.

Reactions: Moove_me
This aint the Xiaomi.eu version mate. This is just the original rom from Xiaomi.
Seriously? Why should @ingbrzy post stock ROM for installing by using Xiaomi.eu logo and naming the zip-file xiaomi.eu_…?

Edit: Sorry, please forget my post, I didn't notice that you quoted another guy who posted link to stock ROM. My bad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LOLO9393
You can follow the link below. There's a fastboot version available but requires unlocked bootloader. Note of the camera bugs mention on this thread tho before flashing.

Yes, i saw it. But there is some who say it can´t be installed on Mi10T Pro and another that say it can. Do you the right answer? Thanks again.

Yes, i saw it. But there is some who say it can´t be installed on Mi10T Pro and another that say it can. Do you the right answer? Thanks again.

It can be installed in Mi 10T Pro mate. The only problem is the camera glitch.. but everything works as intended. Hope the camera issue will be fixed soon since we already have TWRP available for our device.

It can be installed in Mi 10T Pro mate. The only problem is the camera glitch.. but everything works as intended. Hope the camera issue will be fixed soon since we already have TWRP available for our device.
I tried to flash the ROM but twrp didn't mount system and vendor (known issues) and I can't flash rom, always appeared error of "Permissions Denied". At the end I flashed via FastBoot the global ROM again. I'll wait until release the official twrp.

I tried to flash the ROM but twrp didn't mount system and vendor (known issues) and I can't flash rom, always appeared error of "Permissions Denied". At the end I flashed via FastBoot the global ROM again. I'll wait until release the official twrp.

If you are referring to the Xiaomi.Eu rom.. you do not flash it via TWRP. It must be via fastboot. Instruction is provided in XDA forum.

If you are referring to the Xiaomi.Eu rom.. you do not flash it via TWRP. It must be via fastboot. Instruction is provided in XDA forum.
I tried flashing via FastBoot using CMD command as instructions posted here. It does a lot of operations but when reboot, I just get stuck on FastBoot logo. My phone reboot always to FastBoot. But I will try again and give my feedback when done. Thanks!

I tried flashing via FastBoot using CMD command as instructions posted here. It does a lot of operations but when reboot, I just get stuck on FastBoot logo. My phone reboot always to FastBoot. But I will try again and give my feedback when done. Thanks!

Hope it works! Or better yet, wait til a version of the rom with the camera glitch fix is available.

Still waiting for camera fix. Hope we can get it working now that we have working twrp for our device.

Link to twrp:

Still waiting for camera fix. Hope we can get it working now that we have working twrp for our device.

Link to twrp:

I flashed the new twrp but I still have the same problem system unmounted. With allowing mount system and vendor I can´t install nothing. Right now I´m flashing Global Rom via MiFlash. For sure now I´ll try again only when release official twrp to avoid the same problems. Thanks for all! ;)

I flashed the new twrp but I still have the same problem system unmounted. With allowing mount system and vendor I can´t install nothing. Right now I´m flashing Global Rom via MiFlash. For sure now I´ll try again only when release official twrp to avoid the same problems. Thanks for all! ;)

Check page 4 in XDA. @ingbrzy just made an update. It's a twrp flashable rom this time based on Global variant. I think it won't get weekly updates tho.