Mi 11 bands 700 Mhz B28a and B28b

Shayne

Members
Feb 27, 2021
Hello,

I bought (this is my first Xiaomi purchase) a Mi 11 special edition. I haven't received it yet, but I think I made a mistake. During the purchase I checked that it was compatible with bands frequency in France. My telephone company uses the B28 700 MHz band. It was indeed valid on the Kimovil site. Since the announcement of the Global version, an update has been made on Kimovil with the incompatibility of the 700 Mhz B28b band. The 700 Mhz B28a band would remain functional. After some research I found that this is the band used by my operator en France (Free Mobile).
I don't want to change operator because it is my job line.
I can't find any official information on this so I would like to have your opinion.

Thanks for your feedback.
Shayne

PS : the link to Kimovil : https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-11-leijun-edition

hey when you have received your phone it would interest me to know if the 4g works well ... i am also at Free and suddenly i also hesitate to buy it.

The band B28 is divided into 2 parts, A and B :
  • 28A : 703–718 MHz (Uplink) and 758–773 MHz (Downlink)
  • 28B : 718–748 MHz (Uplink) and 773–803 MHz (Downlink)
The GSM Arena site doesn't mention this specificity. The Mi 11 wouldn't work on the B band.

Thanks for your reply.
I received my Mi 11 and the B28b is not enable. 4g is fonctionnal for the the another band.

I had problems with xiaomi.eu rom: could not choose sim ( dual ) by texting and problems with volte.
Now i have global rom 12.0.1 and everything works.

I had problems with xiaomi.eu rom: could not choose sim ( dual ) by texting and problems with volte.
Now i have global rom 12.0.1 and everything works.

Thanks for your reply. Where did you get the global rom ?

tutorial:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i used this: V12.0.1.0.RKBEUOR

Thanks a lot for your information.
The rom V12.0.3.0.RKBEUXM is the lastest version :)

Reactions: ACE11
Hi,

I have installed the global rom V12.0.3.0.RKBEUXM and the phone is OK but the band B28b is KO. I have compared with a mi 11 original global.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Shayne, do u mean mi 11 is still not working well with B28B after u update the latest rom?

Hi,

I have installed the global rom V12.0.3.0.RKBEUXM and the phone is OK but the band B28b is KO. I have compared with a mi 11 original global.

Thanks for your help.

I wrote that it corresponds to Band 28B, but it was a mistake.
(Ultra was compatible with both Band 28a / b. Mi 11 not.)

Last edited: